Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #361
Marianne_m
Marianne_m began at the beginning.

Device: Shift3 Lookbook
Lookbook

I have tried numerous times to download the latest software and each time within a few seconds of starting the download I receive a message that the download failed. Any suggestions on how to download to the latest software.
Thanks.

Marianne
Marianne_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #362
Altivo
Altivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of lightAltivo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Generic Android tablet, Kobo WiFi, Literati, and eBookwise 1150
Look back a page to the messages from 9/25/2012. There's a link there to the updated firmware file for the Literati. Using a browser OTHER THAN FIREFOX (Internet Explorer is OK or was last time I tried it) right click and save that link to a file. Copy the file to an SD chip, insert the chip into the Literati SD port. Note that it goes in with the label facing down when you are looking at the front of the Literati. Turn the Literati on while holding down the letter Q key, and the software will update from the SD card.

The wi-fi download has not worked for anyone in quite a long time. Updating from an SD works, provided the SD card is reasonably fast. The first generation cards are too slow and the Literati doesn't recognize them in time. Be sure to use a card rated at speed 4 or higher. (8 or higher is best.)

Do not use Firefox to download the image file. It corrupts the file somehow. There is considerable discussion of all this on the present thread, if you just go back a year or so and read forward. Good luck.
Altivo is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #363
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 Coupe View Post
You can take your Literati to Radio Shack and tell the sales person you need a 5 volt, 1.5 amp charger and have them help you find a tip to fit it from the adapta-tip (or whatever it's called) selection. Be sure to plug the tip into the charger such that the tip is +. I mark mine with a Sharpie so that if they come unplugged, it's east to get it right.

While there are cheaper ways to get a charger, you have to know the ID and OD of the plug and I have no accurate way to measure it.

Michael
Copied from my AZZ Carfile, may have had it from an early review:
Literati
MassPower AXC Adapter
Model: SDF0500150A1BA
Input = 100-240V~, 50/60Hz, 0.18A
Output = 5.0V --- 1.5A

I have 2 Literati and can't find my power supply cords.
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #364
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Copied from my AZZ Carfile, may have had it from an early review:
Literati
MassPower AXC Adapter
Model: SDF0500150A1BA
Input = 100-240V~, 50/60Hz, 0.18A
Output = 5.0V --- 1.5A

I have 2 Literati and can't find my power supply cords.
If you had the cords you would not need an adapter as the cord is hardwired to an adapter. The specs are correct. The center pin is +.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote