Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
metras3
metras3 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
New guy needing information

Hi I have had my Nook Color for a couple weeks. So far I love it.
I found Calibre a few days ago. And so I love too.
I have been a Computer guy since 1978 and I still have things to learn.

Moved to General
Search subject: "how to server up ebooks on my web site" for more details
Sorry , Marty

I want to publish newsletters from my web site for people to read or download for free if they want. Right now they are "PDF" files and Calibre converts them very easy to "epub" files.

Calibre will convert and upload the PDF files directly to my Nook Color (NC) while I am plugged into my PC and they have the cover and heading. That is fine for me but what about for others.

I see when a file is a few files. I know how to code HTML for a user to down load one files but I am not sure how to do it for the eBooks the need multiple files.

I know with a PDF file it is just a simple thing to open it and save it. That is fine for me but me but the look better in the eBook formats I have viewed.

This may be off topic for an intro group but it is what I am working.
Since I retired I keep dreaming to projects that could be done because I have more time than money.

So I want to have free newsletters or whatever in a format for the eReader that anyone could click on and download in to their device that is very easier for the user.
So can you tell me where to go? ...Wait maybe a link to more information would be nice.

Marty

Last edited by metras3; 01-14-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: I posted this in the wrong place,I moved to general
metras3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Marty. Could I suggest that you post your question on one of the more spefic sub-forums here for quicker and experienced help? Meantime, very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

welcome to mobileread....

Have a look at Sigil ... There is a Forum here - see the link on the main forum page
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
It is my understanding that the epub format is the industry standard format and as such can be ready by all readers. Thus if you want your newsletter to be ready by the widest possible number of readers than epub is obiviously the format that you need to use.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert