Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
swany20
swany20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Dropped kindle

Wondering if anybody purchased a Kindle through Target and also bought the warranty. Does it cover a drop? I read somewhere that if purchased through Amazon they cover 1 accidental drop? Hopefully the same is true for this one. Bought one for my daughters birthday 5 days ago and her clumsy father is the one who drops it and now half the screen is unreadable.
swany20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by swany20 View Post
Wondering if anybody purchased a Kindle through Target and also bought the warranty. Does it cover a drop? I read somewhere that if purchased through Amazon they cover 1 accidental drop? Hopefully the same is true for this one. Bought one for my daughters birthday 5 days ago and her clumsy father is the one who drops it and now half the screen is unreadable.
Check out this thread. It looks as though you'd be dealing with Amazon for any repairs, regardless of where you bought it. (Someone can jump in if I'm misunderstanding that.) And yes, it's my understanding they cover 1 accidental drop. After you get your Kindle returned to you, I'd suggest some sort of a case for it. (Because money was tight for me, I carried my Kindle around in a padded envelope before I got my case for Christmas. )
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread .... and sorry for your misfortunate (coughs) butterfingers
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
desertblues
Cycling in East-Germany
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi. welcome to MR from the Netherlands.
Just phone Amazon (if need be twice) and ask them for a solution about your screen being broken. Not all Kindles with broken screens will be replaced for free, but some are. A broken screen is not under warranty, if I'm correct, but a lot of them do get replaced. Good luck.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi swany20 and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! Hope you can get a replacement Kindle.

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
GraceKrispy
Rollin' with the punches
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, droid x, sad damaged 505
I hope you get it resolved-- welcome to MobileRead!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote