Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin4; Kin7; Clip Zip; Fire HDX8; Fire HD6; SGT 4; Fire Phone; Moto E2
Tablets, eReaders, Media Players - 2016

Current deals for devices used for ebooks and audiobooks; along with appropriate accessories.

Master Index.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-02-2016 at 05:59 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tablets --> (retail/ lowest) --- current

Amazon Fire Tablets -->
  • Fire HD 10 --> ($230/$180) -->
  • Fire HD 8 --> ($150/$80) -->
  • Fire HD 6 --> ($100/$60) -->
  • Fire Kids 7 --> ($100/$75) -->
  • Fire Tab 7 --> ($50/$35) -->

Apple iPads -->
  • Air 2 - 128G --> ($699/$575) -->
  • Air 2 - 64GB --> ($599/$449) -->
  • Air 2 - 16GB --> ($499/$399) -->
  • Air - 32GB --> ($449/$449) -->
  • Air - 16GB --> ($399/$319) -->
  • mini 4 - 128G --> ($599/$500) -->
  • mini 4 - 64GB --> ($499/$400) -->
  • mini 4 - 16GB --> ($399/$299) -->
  • mini 2 - 32GB --> ($319/$319) -->
  • mini 2 - 16GB --> ($269/$199) -->

B&N Galaxy Nook Tablets -->
  • Tab S2 - 8.0" --> ($400/$350) -->
  • Tab E - 9.6" --> ($250/$200) -->
  • Tab 4 - 7.0" --> ($150/$100) -->

Samsung Galaxy Tablets -->
  • Tab S2 - 9.7" --> ($xx/$400) -->
  • Tab S2 - 8.0" --> ($xx/$350) -->
  • Tab A - 9.7" --> ($xx/$230) -->
  • Tab A - 8.0" --> ($xx/$180) -->
  • Tab E - 9.6" --> ($xx/$200) -->
  • Tab 4 - 7.0" --> ($xx/$120) -->
  • T Kids - 7.0" --> ($xx/$100) -->
  • T 3 Lit - 7.0" --> ($xx/$79) -->

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-21-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

eReaders --> (retail/ lowest) --- current

Kindle eReaders -->
  • Kindle Voyage --> ($200/$170) -->
  • Paperwhite 3 --> ($120/$90) -->
  • Kids Bundle --> ($100/$70) -->
  • Kindle 7 --> ($80/$49) -->

Kobo eReaders -->
  • Kobo Aura H2O --> ($180/$180) -->
  • Kobo Glo HD --> ($130/$110) -->
  • Kobo Touch 2.0 --> ($90/$90) -->

Nook eReaders -->
  • Nook GlowLight Plus --> ($130/$100) -->
  • Nook GlowLight --> ($99/$99) -->

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-02-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:09 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Media Players --> (retail/ lowest) --> current

Amazon Echo --> details
Amazon Fire TV -->
  • TV Stick - Std Remote --> ($40/ $25) -->
  • TV Stick - Voice Remote --> ($50/ $35) -->
  • Fire TV 2 - Voice Remote --> ($100/ $75) --> $85 (AMZ)
  • Fire TV 2 - Antenna Bundle --> ($132/ $95) --> $95 (AMZ)
  • Fire TV 2 - Gaming Edition --> ($140/ $125) --> $125 (AMZ)

Apple TV -->
  • Apple TV 4 - Siri Rem 64G --> ($199/ $199) -->
  • Apple TV 4 - Siri Rem 32G --> ($149/ $112) -->
  • Apple TV 3 - Apple Remote --> ($69/ $69) -->

Google Cast -->
  • Nexus Player --> ($100/ $xx) -->
  • Chromecast 2 --> ($35/ $35) -->
  • Chrome 2/pk --> ($70/ $50) -->
  • Chromecast 1 --> ($xx/ $20) -->

Roku Players -->
  • Roku 4 --> ($130/ $130) -->
  • Roku 3 --> ($100/ $100) -->
  • Roku 2 --> ($70/ $70) -->
  • Roku 1 --> ($50/ $50) -->
  • Roku Stick --> ($50/ $50) -->
  • Roku SE --> ($25/ $25) -->

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-05-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:10 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

No Contract Phones --> (retail/ lowest) --- current

NCPs as Audio Players --> Moto E 2nd / LG Volt 740 / Nokia 520 / Fire Phone

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-02-2016 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Fire TV Sale -- $99.99 -->$84.99 -- exp unknown

Lowest price was $75 over Black Friday.

Edit: Sale Ended -- 10 Jan

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-10-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:44 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 950 350s T2 Glo Mini H2O
Barnes and Noble is running its trade-in promotion again. Trade-in any Nook and get a $50 credit toward a Nook Samsung tablet; the offer ends March 5.

I could be tempted, but not the way this offer is structured. If I could double up, they'd have me, or if the Nook HD+ were worth more of a discount than the original Nook.

Nook accessories are also 25% through February 20, in-store only.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo {Glo HD, Aura HD, Mini}, Fire HD 6 & 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Barnes and Noble is running its trade-in promotion again. Trade-in any Nook and get a $50 credit toward a Nook Samsung tablet; the offer ends March 5.

I could be tempted, but not the way this offer is structured. If I could double up, they'd have me, or if the Nook HD+ were worth more of a discount than the original Nook.

Nook accessories are also 25% through February 20, in-store only.
I guess they have to be working properly and running the Nook HD software? No chance they'd take one that's been flashed to run Android only, and whose light is extremely dim?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:25 AM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 950 350s T2 Glo Mini H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I guess they have to be working properly and running the Nook HD software? No chance they'd take one that's been flashed to run Android only, and whose light is extremely dim?
I suspect that's down to luck. The first time they had the promotion, I traded in a classic Nook which couldn't be charged and had a bulging battery (I charged the battery, such as it was, on another Nook), but all they did was turn it on. So long as yours booted, I think there's a good chance you'd get your credit. If you're close to a B&N, it's worth a try. For 90 bucks, I'd get the Tab 4, if I had any use for it at all. But the deal has to be sweeter for me for the other two.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo {Glo HD, Aura HD, Mini}, Fire HD 6 & 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I suspect that's down to luck. The first time they had the promotion, I traded in a classic Nook which couldn't be charged and had a bulging battery (I charged the battery, such as it was, on another Nook), but all they did was turn it on. So long as yours booted, I think there's a good chance you'd get your credit. If you're close to a B&N, it's worth a try. For 90 bucks, I'd get the Tab 4, if I had any use for it at all. But the deal has to be sweeter for me for the other two.
Thanks, I am going to try it later this month. I am charging it up now.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon has the following items on sale:
  • $35 -- Fire TV Stick w/ Std Remote -- exp 06 Feb
  • $40 -- Fire TV Stick w/ Voice Remote -- exp 06 Feb
  • $180 -- Fire HD 10 16GB -- exp 13 Feb
  • see the link for additional offers
Old 02-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #12
Katie1
Non-Techy
Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katie1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Phone, Fire 10", PW3
Fire HD sale is a Joke. You have to Order 3 things from Amazon Not 3rd party venders to get the Fire HD for sale price!
Katie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #13
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Fire HD sale is a Joke. You have to Order 3 things from Amazon Not 3rd party venders to get the Fire HD for sale price!
So nice to know I was not the only person who felt this way. I thought it might of been a misprint but doubted it. Then I felt like Amazon was screwing me.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
No; it's $180 without ordering anything extra. I just tried it.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Limited time offer: Save $50 on Fire HD 10 $229.99 $179.99

No other purchase required.

Also, Fire HD 10 Essentials Bundle including Fire HD 10, 10.1" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - with Special Offers, Amazon Cover - Black and Screen Protector
is $70 off - $230
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019IZZ5G6?

Perhaps you viewed that one, instead?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote