Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old Today, 08:29 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Free format converter - only for today

At Giveaway of the Day website, they have a free format converter, called Ultimate Converter 3.0.4, located here:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ulti...nverter-3-0-4/

Here's what they say:

"Epubor Ultimate Converter makes it simple to convert bunch of books to EPUB, PDF or Mobi, and the converted books are displayed exactly the way they are. It supports Kindle, Adobe Adept and Nook DRM, and converts your books to epub, pdf and mobi format. In a word, with this soft you can decrypt and convert nearly all purchased books in batch, such as Kindle, Google, Kobo, Sony, B&N, etc."

Take away the hype and the absolutely horrible proofreading on their ad copy above, what remains may only be BS. Still, you might want to challenge their claims and test it.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; Today at 08:32 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
So what does this program do that I cannot do with Calibre and the proper plugins?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:11 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So what does this program do that I cannot do with Calibre and the proper plugins?
Give it a try and report back here and let us all know.
Old Today, 09:17 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
I'm asking because I don't want to install it if it does nothing I cannot already do.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:26 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm asking because I don't want to install it if it does nothing I cannot already do.

I've not used it, since I'm quite happy with calibre.
Old Today, 01:48 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Haven't installed it as yet, but it does include a txt doc which contains both a user name and activation key. The last time I saw such a doc I was able to go back and download the regular program (instead of just the GOTD setup) and activate a copy of the program from the site. That way if something goes wrong and I have to transfer the program to another computer it still works. The GOTD setup only works for one day but the regular setup file works continuously.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:09 PM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Fanatic
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
At Giveaway of the Day website, they have a free format converter, called Ultimate Converter 3.0.4, located here:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ulti...nverter-3-0-4/
Yeah, the company making the product is Chinese. My experience looking over the GiveAwayoftheDay.com offerings from Chinese companies is that the English is often pretty rough. This is no criticism, just an observation. English is an extremely difficult language for Chinese, Japanese, and natives of other non-English speaking countries in the Far East to learn, and once they've learned it to master the nuances and pronunciation. I'm sure that the situation is similar for native English speakers learning and mastering Chinese, et al.

JSWolf asked "So what does this program do that I cannot do with Calibre and the proper plugins?" By the end of the giveaway period, always at 3 a.m. each day, the commentators usually have given the giveaways a thorough "working over" in the comments section of the download pages. Go here for the download page for today's giveaway: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ulti...nverter-3-0-4/. FYI-when I just checked, the program had a 55% positive and 45% negative rating, which is not too bad considering the way that many of the commentators put the programs "through the wringer."

Also, check the website of the company making the software. The URL for the landing page (splash page? whatever it's called) for the program is at http://epubor.com/ultimate.html. Yes, the English is a little rough there, too, but it's not terrible. The graphics showing the features of the program and how to use the program, I think, are fantastic.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #8
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
Is this not a tool that removes DRM? I thought we all had to pussyfoot around the topic of how to remove DRM ...
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #9
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Yeah, the company making the product is Chinese. My experience looking over the GiveAwayoftheDay.com offerings from Chinese companies is that the English is often pretty rough. This is no criticism, just an observation. English is an extremely difficult language for Chinese, Japanese, and natives of other non-English speaking countries in the Far East to learn, and once they've learned it to master the nuances and pronunciation. I'm sure that the situation is similar for native English speakers learning and mastering Chinese, et al
The criticism is that they did not care enough to get someone who IS good with English to do it for them.

I don't expect a Chinese programmer to to be good in English. I do expect a Chinese company who want to do business with an English speaking market to engage with someone who could do a respectable -- and respectful -- job with their communications.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote