Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
ginala2002
ginala2002 began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
Gmail and Rooted NookColor

I just rooted my new Nookcolor. Awesome!! The market is working well and I've downloaded Angy Birds already. I can't get Gmail to sync to my account. My account is listed and I am signed in. I am also connected to wifi. Is there anyone that can help me figure out what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.
ginala2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Hi, Ginala, welcome to the forum.

Open Gmail app
Tap App options button (the circle with three horiz. lines in it, to left of battery indicator)
Accounts
Your account will probably already be listed here, fine if it is or not
Tap "Add Account"
Follow the instructions to re-add your gmail account (that's right you're going to add the same account you already setup once, again). At some point, there should be two checkboxes regarding the syncing of the account, make sure both are checked.

Note that when you're finished with this, you should not have delete your original Gmail account, because only one account will be listed (even after adding the duplicate account).

Things should sync properly now.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 01-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
ginala2002
ginala2002 began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
Thanks that worked!
ginala2002 is offline   Reply With Quote