Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Smollett, Tobias: The Adventures of Peregrine Pickle. v1. 23 May 07

Smollett is a great writer and Peregrine Pickle is his most comical novel.

Here's one opinion:

"...Peregrine” is Smollett’s greatest work. Nothing is so rich in variety of character, scene, and adventure. We are carried along by the swift and copious volume of the current, carried into very queer places, and into the oddest miscellaneous company, but we cannot escape from Smollett’s vigorous grasp."

He influenced Swift, Dickens, and Thackeray. He's a challenging writer, but if you like works representative of the early novel, and one that is satirical and has hugely drawn characters, then you should give this a try.

Hope you enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Adventures of Peregrine Pickle.lrf (1.20 MB, 1168 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:44 AM   #2
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Thank you for this! I've always liked this one better than Humphrey Clinker, though Roderick Random is good, too. Count Ferdinand... not so much, but I'd love to have it on the Reader with all the others.

This is going to be great fun to read on my new Reader.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio717 View Post
Thank you for this! I've always liked this one better than Humphrey Clinker, though Roderick Random is good, too. Count Ferdinand... not so much, but I'd love to have it on the Reader with all the others.

This is going to be great fun to read on my new Reader.
Thank you for the nice comments. "Pickle" was always my favoritie, too. (Let me know if there are any problems with formatting. I can easily correct them.)

I plan to put ALL of Smollett on this site. I think he's an important writer. Smollett adds that extra something that Fielding lacks -- as if Fielding could lack anything!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote