Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
Anne Lawrence
Anne Lawrence began at the beginning.

Location: Canadian, but I live in the beautiful mountains of Costa Rica
Device: Kobo and MacBook
New author needs support!

Hi there,

My name is Anne Lawrence and I've written my first book Following my tug... all the way to Costa Rica! It's pretty exhilarating! It's all about leaving our corporate suburban lifestyle back in Canada to reinvent ourselves in the remote mountains of Costa Rica.

Here's the synopsis:
In this lighthearted, and at times gut-wrenching, memoir, Anne Lawrence shares both the physical and emotional reality of what it takes to leap out of her familiar First World existence and into the unknown. Ms. Lawrence and her husband reinvent themselves as they cope and adjust to living in a rural, Spanish-speaking community in the remote mountains of Costa Rica. Follow their journey as they transform from middle-class suburbanites to unlikely trout farmers and B&B hosts. With her witty conversational style, Ms. Lawrence evocatively chronicles their daily adventures from the decision-making process to the move to their first year abroad. You'll laugh, you'll cry... but mostly, you'll feel inspired!

It's available on Kobo at this link: http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...=9780993604508

Here's what people are saying so far on Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/...-anne-lawrence

Please check it out and let me know what you think! I'm already working on my second book Oh, and at the end of the book, there's a link that allows my readers to view my scrapbook... giving visuals to the names and places I mention in the book. It's an extra bonus for my readers, if you like.

I appreciate your kind support and welcome all feedback.
With all my gratitude
Anne Lawrence
Anne Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #2
cvn292
cvn292 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Congratulations on your first book! I will definitely give this a look.

It's nice getting to explore other recent authors like myself. Keep up the good work!

Chiedu Victor Nwosu

Last edited by cvn292; 03-07-2014 at 06:40 PM.
cvn292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro
Moderator Notice
cvn292: The fact that this is the self-promotion forum does not make it OK for you to post your spam in someone else's thread. Do it again and you'll be instantly banned. Spammers are NOT welcome here.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-08-2014 at 08:00 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #4
Anne Lawrence
Anne Lawrence began at the beginning.

Location: Canadian, but I live in the beautiful mountains of Costa Rica
Device: Kobo and MacBook
Thank you for the kind words, Chiedu! If you do buy and read it... please let me know what you think.

[Edited - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-08-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Anne Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote