Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Best one I gave (at least reaction-wise): A copy of the newly remastered "Metropolis" on Blu-Ray. Was told by two different people that the recipient actually squealed (yes, he's a huge fan of the movie).

Best one I received: the new Sony PRS-950 I got from my husband. :-)
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I got a Nook Color from my wife... and a week before that, won an iPad in the office holiday party raffle!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #18
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5c & Kindle Fire HD

Last edited by Dylrob; 12-26-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:13 AM   #19
GA Russell
Stampeders clinch first!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Kindle 4
This was a book Christmas for me, giving and receiving.

I joined the Doubleday Book Club in August. First I bought my Enrollment Commitment books as presents, and then the deals kicked in (like BOGO Free with free shipping). In December the books I gave everyone cost an average of $3.70, including tax and shipping. So everybody got plenty of reading material and cookbooks.

I was given a check to spend for my own Christmas present. Doubleday is a sister company of most of the other book clubs, if you didn't know. As a member of Doubleday, I was offered a special deal to join the Quality Paperback Book Club - Buy 7 for $28 including shipping, with a commitment to buy one more. I bought the one more as a gift to a friend for $8.99, again including shipping.

Only one of my seven books was a single novel. Four were hardbacks. Two were collections of short stories. The other four were omnibuses of two, three or five novels. So I'm stocked up with Christmas present books.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
The best Christmas present I got was watching my mom, who had to undergo brain surgery about 8 weeks ago, thoroughly enjoy herself at our family feast and being able to help without getting overly tired.

That, and a cookbook with the most delicious pasta recipes. Oh boy, am I going to get fat

Last edited by Iridal; 12-26-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #21
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Wife let me spend some of the money I earned on some of the classic Dr Who serials. I purchased 56 of them to be exact. I did get them on sale for only 10-13 bucks each.

Damn things are expensive.

I also got slippers.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #22
desertblues
traveling
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
The best Christmas present I got was watching my mom, who had to undergo brain surgery about 8 weeks ago, thorougly enjoy herself at our family feast and being able to help without getting overly tired.

That, and a cookbook with the most delicious pasta recipes. Oh boy, am I going to get fat
Congrats on your mother.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #23
GraceKrispy
Rollin' with the punches
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, droid x, sad damaged 505
very nice, iridal (the mom part, not the fat part )

I got the newest Professor Layton game for my son's ds (my game, his ds)- I love puzzles!

I also got the LiveScribe pulse pen from my husband, who is quite into gadgetry and how it can perhaps help my life. He would actually fit in well on this board, with all the knowledgeable gadget-a-holics here, except that he doesn't like to read.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #24
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
... He would actually fit in well on this board, with all the knowledgeable gadget-a-holics here, except that he doesn't like to read.
What? This forum is about READING????

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #25
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
What the best present you got or gave this year? <snip>
Best gave: Rocks! Mom wanted to have rocks to finish her landscape, so she was given a truck load of rocks.

Best got: canon camera from my son... I just have to figure out what all the little symbols and dials do.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #26
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad mini, HP Touchpad, Aura HD
Quote:
The best Christmas present I got was watching my mom, who had to undergo brain surgery about 8 weeks ago, thoroughly enjoy herself at our family feast and being able to help without getting overly tired.

That's wonderful!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #27
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad mini, HP Touchpad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
very nice, iridal (the mom part, not the fat part )

I got the newest Professor Layton game for my son's ds (my game, his ds)- I love puzzles!

I also got the LiveScribe pulse pen from my husband, who is quite into gadgetry and how it can perhaps help my life. He would actually fit in well on this board, with all the knowledgeable gadget-a-holics here, except that he doesn't like to read.
I love the Professor Layton series. I've played all the games, though, and I'm looking to find something similar.

I didn't actually receive any presents this year - Croatians don't spend as much on gifts as North Americans do, and since my husband is back in school this year we are trying to spend as little as we can, at least for the next month or two. My best present was seeing my niece and nephew's faces light up when they saw the books we got them this year - and, of course, they both wanted us to read to them right away (They are 3 1/2 and 2 1/2, and can't yet read on their own.)
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
....My best present was seeing my niece and nephew's faces light up when they saw the books we got them this year - and, of course, they both wanted us to read to them right away (They are 3 1/2 and 2 1/2, and can't yet read on their own.)

That sounds like the best present yet!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #29
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 650, Ipod Touch
My best present was to see all my kids and grandkids for Christmas dinner...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #30
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:

I'm glad to hear your mom is going to be OK. I'm sure it's been a very stressful time for you.

My husband has had three brain surgeries since April, so the best gift I've had all year is having him home. The little sumpin' he got me from Tiffanys was nice, too.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote