Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
dtjacobsco
dtjacobsco began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
Angry No text

My Sony 300 will not boot up. I have charged the ereader and the red light is out. I cannot read anything on the screen. My computer does recognize the ereader. I can get the yellow light to come on and then it starts bleaking and the lights go off. Has anyone had this problem? I am a novice at this stuff but I have loved this ereader up until now.
dtjacobsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Are you charging via computer or via a wall (mains) charger?

Have you tried a soft or hard reset?

Check the Sony Reader Info, Start-Up & Reset Guide for reset instructions for the 300. I would recommend a soft reset first as it will not erase books from the Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
dtjacobsco

I did try the reset and it did not help. I have charged the ereader with both the USB and the wall charger. I could not do a hard reset because I cannot see the text to know when to press the buttons. I will go to your post. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
dtjacobsco

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to charge with both the USB and the wall charger. The red light will come on for about 30 seconds and then goes out. My computer is recognizing the ereader and I can see the content of the ereader on my computer. When I try to turn on the ereader I get nothing. I appreciate you taking time to help me.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Hopefully someone else will chime in with other suggestions.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfolded

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
If you see the content from PC, it means it does boot properly. I'm afraid it looks like the screen itself or some circuitry that drives it has died :/
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
dtjacobsco

I was afraid that would be the answer I received. This is a great forum that I will continue to use. I plan to go right out and buy a new reader. I like to use books from our library besides buying them all so I will probably stick with a Sony, maybe the 505.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
How long ago did you buy it? Can you go to the store and just exchage it? That way you don't have to go and buy a whole new reader.

I thought it was a 350...sorry. I'd just trade it in for a 350

Last edited by emonti8384; 12-24-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Cuz I'mma dumby :)
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, KTSO, KFHD7, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtjacobsco View Post
I was afraid that would be the answer I received. This is a great forum that I will continue to use. I plan to go right out and buy a new reader. I like to use books from our library besides buying them all so I will probably stick with a Sony, maybe the 505.
If you can, take advantage of the $75 trade-in and use it towards a new 350/650/950.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote