Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
kurtangle83
kurtangle83 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650
Loading time?

Hey

Tonight I wanted to fill my reader with alot of new stuff, found some 40 books mostly in ePub format but also pdf, txt and doc. Also got some news from Calibre. I should point out that I had both calibre & sonys reader library running at the same time. The only problem I had was with the doc file as I apparently don't have a registered Word just a trial version and it kind of locked in the file and didn't even send it to the reader.

Either way, when i'm done, I safely extract it and turn off my computer to be safe, boot it up and when it starts it loads. And loads and loads. First time I gave it som 5-10 minutes and pressed reset and restarted it. No effect. Now i've let it go for some 10-15 minutes in the hope that it might just be a little slow to load everything up. But all of a sudden it reset itself and just started all over again.

I'm pressuming it's freezing up and not acctually doing anything. I'm giving it 5 more minutes, if it's not working i'm plugging it back in and taking away anything I put in. Maybe even format it.

So yeah, to my quesiton. I'm guessing it's freezing up and this is not common practice that it takes this much time to load up the library? Oh and yeah, the arrows when it starts they are moving but after a second they stop moving. So it kind of sounds like it's frozen up.
kurtangle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
kurtangle83
kurtangle83 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650
It works fine again after I deleted the news and some books that I made to ePub a long time ago that I think I messed up with.

So, dissregard my original message
kurtangle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
One for the future though, it's not a good idea to have both calibre and Sony RL open at the same time... computers don't like 2 programs trying to access the same file/device simultaneously...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote