Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Powered off vs Sleep

I have a question about the Power button - my understanding is that if you just touch it lightly, the device goes to Sleep, but if you hold it down for longer, it will Power Off. But in reality, it doesn't seem to make any difference how I hold it down - it seems random as to whether it Powers Off or Sleeps. Mostly it seems to Power Off when I don't want it to (e.g. I know I'll be coming back to it in a little while).

It also it difficult to get it to turn back on sometimes too - holding it down too quickly, it doesn't respond and too long, it doesn't respond either. There seems to be some magic touch required.

Anyone else find that?
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
There is an issue with sideloaded books (epub books you manually add via ADE or calibre, etc) that, when trying to put the kobo to sleep, actually turns it off instead. Sometimes, it will look like it's frozen, but in reality, it turned itself off, but just didn't go to the power off page.. This is supposed to be fixed with the next firmware patch. If this is happening with Books that you've purchased from Kobo's site and have synced via the desktop software, then you might want to report it to Kobo.

For turning the device back on from an off state, hit the button and look at the light at the top right. As soon as you see it come on, let go of the button. usually it only takes a second or so. When turning it off, hold the button until you get the power off screen (keeping in mind the above sideloaded book problems). When going to sleep and waking it up, just a quick tap should be all that's required.

Last edited by Psyke; 01-20-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Yes - I think the issue may be with sideloaded books - thanks for the info. Just saw the other thread on the same topic too.
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote