Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Greenhat
Enthusiast
Greenhat began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 46
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2010
Device: kindle 2
Exclamation Can you plug a tablet into the electric outlet ?

Can you plug a tablet into the electric outlet ?
I was wondering if it is possible to plug the tablet into wall current and start using it promptly.
Is it possible ? do I have to wait until it becomes charged or not ?
Most tablet batteries can work about 2 to 6 hours, does it mean they cannot work with direct wall current?
thanks.
Greenhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,091
Karma: 12525406
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhat View Post
Can you plug a tablet into the electric outlet ?
I was wondering if it is possible to plug the tablet into wall current and start using it promptly.
Is it possible ? do I have to wait until it becomes charged or not ?
Most tablet batteries can work about 2 to 6 hours, does it mean they cannot work with direct wall current?
thanks.
Of course you can do so.
When using it for the first time, many recommend to fully charge the battery before using it. And to have some full charging circles at the beginning.
But that's about prolonging battery life.
But leaving that topic aside, of course you can use your tablet (like all those other gadgets with a battery) directly via electric outlet instead of using the battery.
BTW: Any tablet should do way more than 2 hours. Even 6 hours are the lower limit. Usually, it should be about 8 to 12 hours for most tablets.
Those figures only are given, because most users consider tablets mobile devices and want to know, how long it will do while "on the road", without any electric outlet. But of course you can use it way longer than these given durations.
mgmueller is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Enthusiast
Old 12-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Greenhat
Enthusiast
Greenhat began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 46
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2010
Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Of course you can do so.
When using it for the first time, many recommend to fully charge the battery before using it. And to have some full charging circles at the beginning.
But that's about prolonging battery life.
But leaving that topic aside, of course you can use your tablet (like all those other gadgets with a battery) directly via electric outlet instead of using the battery.
BTW: Any tablet should do way more than 2 hours. Even 6 hours are the lower limit. Usually, it should be about 8 to 12 hours for most tablets.
Those figures only are given, because most users consider tablets mobile devices and want to know, how long it will do while "on the road", without any electric outlet. But of course you can use it way longer than these given durations.
Thank you for your nice replay, please just to clarify
If I plugged the internet tablet in my wall current next to me, would I be able to use it 24 h a day when it is plugged ?
or it will stop working even if it is plugged?
thanks a lot.
Greenhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
Posts: 262
Karma: 332
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco, USA
Device: Sony 505 & 900, Kindle DX, Samsung Galaxy Tab, EVO
If I plugged the internet tablet in my wall current next to me, would I be able to use it 24 h a day when it is plugged ? - Yes, you can. It won't stop working when plugged.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 139
Karma: 659536
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hawaii
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Been meaning to ask for quite a while now........for anyone who knows........

Is the charging cord for the Samsung Galaxy Tab the same as the or iPod Touch? Don't have the Tab yet but was wondering if it was possible to use the cord with USB to charge a Tab. From pictures it looks the same but can't tell for sure.

Thanks.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mgmueller's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,091
Karma: 12525406
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Augsburg (near Munich), Germany
Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Been meaning to ask for quite a while now........for anyone who knows........

Is the charging cord for the Samsung Galaxy Tab the same as the or iPod Touch? Don't have the Tab yet but was wondering if it was possible to use the cord with USB to charge a Tab. From pictures it looks the same but can't tell for sure.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, it's not. It looks the same and I've actually tried to use my iPhone/iPod cable, as it's always plugged into my PC. But it doesn't fit. Another proprietary cable you have to take with you when "on the road"...
mgmueller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #7
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 139
Karma: 659536
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hawaii
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Unfortunately, it's not. It looks the same and I've actually tried to use my iPhone/iPod cable, as it's always plugged into my PC. But it doesn't fit. Another proprietary cable you have to take with you when "on the road"...
Thanks for the answer - even if it's not what I wanted to hear. I'm waiting for the wifi version to come out so maybe they'll have something more travel friendly by then. I try to travel with one cord and whatever tips I need, so hopefully there will be something.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sungale - Cyberus $199 $ Best Buy Outlet mikemc2 Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 2 05-08-2010 06:42 PM
Anyone else have an electric bike? HarryT Lounge 91 05-02-2010 06:47 PM
Sony Outlet Store Prices on Refurbs??? advocate2 Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 5 08-13-2009 12:51 AM
Screen of Death returns when unplugged from AC outlet Dr. Drib Legacy E-Book Devices 3 04-27-2008 05:33 PM
Sony Outlet? DrMoze Sony Reader 10 12-17-2007 12:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.