Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #76
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
You get the same error when using the C: drive?
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #77
lockery
lockery began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500
Yes,

Here is the error message I get when using the c drive:

Unknown open() mode '>:raw:encoding(UTF16-LE):crlf:utf8' at C:\comiclrf\comiclrf
.pl line 152.
lockery is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #78
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

No idea what's wrong. I installed the latest version of ActivePerl and comiclrf still works fine.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #79
NigelS
Enthusiast
NigelS doesn't litterNigelS doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Missing Even Numbered Pages!

Hi

Just installed all the support stuff & tested your ComicLrf script. I ran a 25 page Marvel comic through it "Ultimate Fantastic Four 024.cbr" (the comic displays fine using CDisplay).

The script ran through & apparently processed each of the 25 pages separately (giving a one-line progress report for each jpg file it processed). Then it successfully created "Ultimate Fantastic Four 024.lrf" the Sony Reader file. The only error msg was regarding there being no TOC.

However, when I viewed the lrf in the lrfViewer (part of libprs500), only the Odd Numbered pages were present in the lrf file - all the Even Numbered pages were missing!!

Any ideas what went wrong?

NigelS
NigelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #80
FangornUK
Addict

NigelS, I'd need the CBR file to check what is happening. Have you tried Sony's official reader with this file?
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #81
NigelS
Enthusiast

Well it seems it is just the LRF viewer (part of libprs500) which is having the problem! I don't know why I didn't try it on the Sony eReader but now I have, and the comic displays all 25 pages as it should. So clearly no problem with your conversion software.

Unfortunately, the Marvel comics are near-A4 size and conversion to Sony LRF format leaves a page which to my eyes is unreadable (same problem as with A4 PDF conversion). So sad to say, I guess I won't be reading Marvel comics on my Sony PRS505.

Cheers
NigelS
Old 12-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #82
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Interesting, can you send me one of these problematic LRF files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #83
NigelS
Enthusiast

I have sent you email with a link to the file.

Cheers
NigelS
Old 01-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #84
ChronoStriker1
ChronoStriker1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Question

Is there anyway to get normal zip and rar files use the script? I just don't feel like renaming my files (an extra step that doesn't seem necessary).
ChronoStriker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #85
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
it only takes a couple of seconds to rename the files -- just open a command window in the relevant directory and type "ren *.zip *.cbz or ren *.rar *.cbr and it will change them easily enough.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #86
plasticbugs
plasticbugs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I'm attempting to run comiclrf on both of my Macs (a G4 PPC running 10.4 and an Intel Mac running 10.5) but am coming up with the same error when processing any of my CBZ files:

LRS2LRF failed! at comiclrf.pl line 238

The script works just fine and processes all of the pages but fails when converting LRS to LRF. Any ideas?

I'm running perl v5.8.7 under Macports. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I now see I need an LRS to LRF binary for OS X. I'll start looking. Thanks.

Last edited by plasticbugs; 01-08-2008 at 02:52 PM.
plasticbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #87
FangornUK
Addict

Let me know if you find a Mac OS X binary, I didn't think one was available. Shame there doesn't appear to be a cross platform LRS2LRF tool.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:46 AM   #88
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I've got to second the batch processing into one file. I'm trying to get my Ultimate X-Men comics to be in "Graphic Novel" style order so that 25 comics will only show up on 4 or 5 lines. I'm trying to just add the files to a zip or rar file, but they seem to want to organize my files for me instead of keeping they way they were put in. Any thoughts from anyone on this?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:14 AM   #89
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
EDIT: Nevermind, I found that if I check "use full path" in the WinZip box, it will keep duplicate file names.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #90
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Any chance we'll see a setting for the files to be configured to work best with landscape mode?

I find myself using that more and more often, but the quality goes down a bit when I do.

Beautiful, beautiful program though. I am astounded just how useful the reader is with all these great apps!

Last edited by Gideon; 01-23-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote