Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #166
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Awesome tool, just like the gutenlrf was awesome!

Thanks!

EDIT: actually, the windows version works just fine, but the linux version hangs on the "processing 2 of X" for any comic I try to convert. Nothing but a "kill -9" will stop it.

Last edited by acidzebra; 07-20-2008 at 01:00 PM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #167
nindustrial
Enthusiast
nindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: PRS-T1
MAC OS X error with comiclrf

thank you for this great tool! i am getting a weird error in the Mac version when trying to pass arguments to the tool.

Code:
osxmachine:dir$ ./comiclrf convertme.cbr
seems to work fine, and starts to extract and process. but;

Code:
osxmachine:dir$ ./comiclrf -r -l convertme.cbr
does not work, and instead results in:

Code:
osxmachine:dir$ ./comiclrf -r -l convertme.cbr
option -  not recognized

Usage: comiclrf [options] [comic.(cbz|cbr)]...
Version: 2.3 (20080706)
Options:
  -a [AUTHOR] Override the Comic Author
  -t [TITLE]  Override the Comic Title
  -o [DIR]    Output directory for generated LRF Book. Default: Comic directory
  -c          Number of colours for Greyscale image conversion. Default: 64
  -n          Disable Normalise (improve contrast) colour range for pictures. Default: On
  -r          Maintain picture aspect ratio. Default: Off (i.e. fill screen)
  -s          Disable sharpening. Default: On
  -l          Disable Landscape image splitting into two Portraits. Default: On

Pass it the full path and filename to the Comic (CBZ,CBR) file
  e.g. comiclrf.pl "c:\downloads\Simpsons 01.cbz"
what am i doing wrong? am i passing the arguments wrong? syntax?
nindustrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #168
Kandid
Kandid began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
A feature request

Hi FangornUK, thanks for this wonderful software.

Can you add an option that crops to the border of the comics, removing any headers or footers. I have multiple comics that have a page number at the bottom wasting a lot of precious pixels to render the comics on my device.

Maybe I am off topics and tools already exist to detect and remove them.

Thanks!
Kandid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:35 AM   #169
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Update: Version 2.4
  • Now handles CBR & CBZ files with multiple subdirectories and processes
    with correct ordering

acidzebra, no idea, works fine for me on Ubuntu. What version is ImageMagick, i.e. "convert --version"?

nindustrial, that is "-l" and not "-1"? It'll take me a bit of time to test the OS X version.

Kandid, it already auto trims the page but stops at any sort of text/image it finds as it couldn't possibly detect headers and footers - they are just images.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #170
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Fangorn, thanks for responding.

I'm running Fedora Core 8, and ImageMagic reports
"Version: ImageMagick 6.3.5 09/20/07 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org"
it came from the official Fedora repository, and there is no newer version available.

If you think that is the cause of the issue, I can try a compile from source?

Just compiled ImageMagic from source, convert --version now tells me
"Version: ImageMagick 6.4.2 07/21/08 Q16 OpenMP http://www.imagemagick.org"

But the behavior remains the same - after or during "processing 2 of X" it hangs and only kill -9 will terminate the process, nothing else.

Last edited by acidzebra; 07-21-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #171
nindustrial
Enthusiast
nindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
nindustrial, that is "-l" and not "-1"? It'll take me a bit of time to test the OS X version.
Thanks FangornUK,

I thought of that too, and tried all the variants I could, -r alone, -l alone (the letter L), some of the other arguments. Seems like any passed argument on the Mac OS X version results in the error, maybe its not being parsed by the system properly from the command line? For now, I'm just editing the comiclrf.py file to change the defaults of -r and -l to what I want, and running the script with no passed arguments (i.e. "comiclrf converme.cbr", and its working out fine.

Thanks for looking, and again, thanks for maintaining a wonderful utility. Let me know if I can help with your testing in any way; I'm not a programmer, but don't mind doing some testing if you need..
Old 07-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #172
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

nindustrial, I forgot to put a tiny fix in the calling script for OS X. I've put it in now, please re-download the OSX ZIP.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #173
FangornUK
Addict

acidzebra, I haven't got a clue what is wrong there, works fine for me. As a work around try adding the following after line 128:
Code:
	cpunum = 1
Old 07-22-2008, 05:28 AM   #174
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Quote:
acidzebra, I haven't got a clue what is wrong there, works fine for me. As a work around try adding the following after line 128:
Code:
	cpunum = 1
Hey, that worked like a charm!

uname -a reports "2.6.24.7-92.fc8 #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux", it is a core duo system, and I have no problems with other software that are multiprocessor-aware. Weird, but still, you fixed it

Old 07-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #175
nindustrial
Enthusiast

Quote:
nindustrial, I forgot to put a tiny fix in the calling script for OS X. I've put it in now, please re-download the OSX ZIP.
works great now FangornUK, thanks for the quick fix!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #176
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
manga mode

Hey,

could you add a 'manga mode' to the program, so that when it splits dual page splashes it would count pagenumbers from right to left? I've been reading GTO which was scanned dual pages on one image, and while they split ok (and it's a great feature, I couldn't get this done with je-comics this easy), it's kind of annoying seeing the 'later' frames on a page before the 'earlier' ones.
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #177
FangornUK
Addict

klikklak, I'm not sure what you mean. You mean when the page is split you want the right part of the split to come before the left part of the split?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #178
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
Yes, exactly that.
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #179
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Some more observations on comiclrf:

First off, it is a great program and I owe you many thanks, Fangorn.

That said, here is some weirdness and shameless feature requests:
a) the linux version will fail to convert a file if the filename contains characters like "[" and "]" - the windows version just plods on regardless.

b) While mass-rename of extension is certainly possible, I would like this script to be less picky about .cbr and .cbz (and accept .zip and .rar) - from my perspective, it should assume all these are valid files. I had a bunch of files which were zipped archives with the .cbr extension instead of .cbz. I couldn't figure out why comiclrf wouldn't convert them until I examined them close-up. Again, renaming files is trivial but it would be nice if comiclrf just tries to process the files instead of just telling me it is not a proper file. Especially when it is

c) I would like to add my vote for a "-m" option for Manga
Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #180
FangornUK
Addict

The "[" "]" problem is because they are identified as wildcard characters and comiclrf tries to expand them using glob. It's perfectly normal to use a wildcard of "comic[12].cbr" to expand to "comic1.cbr", "comic2.cbr" in Unix. I wouldn't recommend using "[" "]" in filenames but that doesn't help you much.

The "Manga" option for landscape splitting is being worked on. I've no spare time at the moment.