Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
Nook to Finland

The Nook Color is the first colour e-reader that I would consider buying. Unfortunately I live in Finland now and B&N won't ship the Nook over here.

If anyone would like to help me get my hands on one, I will pay for the device plus shipping and a little extra cash on top for the effort.

Please send me a PM.
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Touch and Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by discourse View Post
The Nook Color is the first colour e-reader that I would consider buying. Unfortunately I live in Finland now and B&N won't ship the Nook over here.

If anyone would like to help me get my hands on one, I will pay for the device plus shipping and a little extra cash on top for the effort.

Please send me a PM.
You can buy the Nook Color yourself.

Get an US mail forwarding address from a site like Borderlinx or USunlocked (I have used Borderlinx myself).
Register your B&N account with the US address as the shipping and billing address of your account.
You will need a US VPN to get a US ip-address. Like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50). I have used alwaysVPN myself.

Start the VPN.
Login to your account.
Buy the Nook Color (and you should also buy a cover to protect the Nook).

Using the VPN you can also buy e-books, magazines and newspapers for your Nook Color from the B&N website.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
discourse
Connoisseur

I will look into it.

I saw an earlier thread where you were discussing it. I used this kind of service years ago to ship products from Japan but the shipping prices were always extremely inflated. How much would you guess shipping would be through Borderlinx based on your past experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
You can buy the Nook Color yourself.

Get an US mail forwarding address from a site like Borderlinx or USunlocked (I have used Borderlinx myself).
Register your B&N account with the US address as the shipping and billing address of your account.
You will need a US VPN to get a US ip-address. Like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50). I have used alwaysVPN myself.

Start the VPN.
Login to your account.
Buy the Nook Color (and you should also buy a cover to protect the Nook).

Using the VPN you can also buy e-books, magazines and newspapers for your Nook Color from the B&N website.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Touch and Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by discourse View Post
I will look into it.

I saw an earlier thread where you were discussing it. I used this kind of service years ago to ship products from Japan but the shipping prices were always extremely inflated. How much would you guess shipping would be through Borderlinx based on your past experience?
Borderlinx has a shipping calculator to calculate the full price including VAT, Customs, shipping.

My Nook Color with a $35,- cover did cost me Euro 330,- (this is including 19% VAT and shipping).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
discourse
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
Borderlinx has a shipping calculator to calculate the full price including VAT, Customs, shipping.

My Nook Color with a $35,- cover did cost me Euro 330,- (this is including 19% VAT and shipping).
Okay, so far so good. I've bought the NC using your method, it ships to the transit address tomorrow. I should then have it 3 -5 days later if everything goes smoothly.

I didn't really like the cases they had. I'm thinking of having one custom made for me by this lady in Wisconsin who recycles old tweed suits. It's much more my style

Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
n0ir
n0ir began at the beginning.

Device: ZT-180
discourse: Have you received your NC? I am considering buying one as well (I live in Sweden), and was interested in what you paid for the Borderlinx-forwarding?
n0ir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
discourse
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ir View Post
discourse: Have you received your NC? I am considering buying one as well (I live in Sweden), and was interested in what you paid for the Borderlinx-forwarding?
I only bought the NC without any accessories. The total cost with shipping and other fees came to 288 euro. Borderlinx ships through DHL. They charge your country's import tax when they do the calculation so you won't need to pay anything when it arrives at your door.

Tags
finland, nook color