Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Venue Pro 8
Something odd...

I've probably messed something up, I usually do . Am I mistaken, or is the author listing on the left pane of the main calibre application supposed to be in alphabetical order, by LN, FN?

Somehow, mine has gotten partly messed up. It goes from Avery Aames to Elita Faith Daniels....and there's plenty of A, B, and C authors in between those two! Twelve entries down, it "fixes" itself...going back to alphabetical order with Alina Adams. Does anyone have any idea what I've done to it? I've gone into author management and reset it all, but it still insists on doing it.

Thanks;
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I've probably messed something up, I usually do . Am I mistaken, or is the author listing on the left pane of the main calibre application supposed to be in alphabetical order, by LN, FN?

Somehow, mine has gotten partly messed up. It goes from Avery Aames to Elita Faith Daniels....and there's plenty of A, B, and C authors in between those two! Twelve entries down, it "fixes" itself...going back to alphabetical order with Alina Adams. Does anyone have any idea what I've done to it? I've gone into author management and reset it all, but it still insists on doing it.

Thanks;
Look at the Metadata for those TITLES. You may have something funky going on. with the Author (or sort)
Remember GIGO
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Right click on Author in the left pane and choose manage authors. This will allow you to view and correct all author sort info.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Any chance you are sorting by popularity or rating instead of name? Check the dialog box at the bottom of the tags pane.

If you are sorting by name, then the first thing to do is determine where the problem is. As dwanthny suggested, right-click on an author and choose manage authors. At this point, don't fix anything. Press the 'Sort by author sort' and see if the authors are listed in the same order (or reverse order) as you see in the tags pane. If they are, then the problem is in the individual author sort values, and you should fix them. The problems should be evident.

Note that if you have international characters in your author names, the latest release will sort names differently in the dialog than in the tags pane. I forgot to fix the dialog.

If the dialog and the list are sorting differently and international characters are not at fault, then I need some examples. Post a few of the author+author_sort values that appear in sequence but should not.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Venue Pro 8
Sorry for the delay in answering, that whole "work" thing got in the way. I tried most of your suggestions before I ever posted... trying to figure it out on my own. The first thing I always do is assume I've done something stupid with the metadata, and check that. I did right click and manage authors. I even hit "reset all" in the author management dialogue, and nothing changed. However, Charles got it again.... somehow I must have clicked "sort by...." something else at the bottom of that pane, and didn't notice. Because when I just went back and hit "sort by name" again, it fixed it. Thank you, Charles!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote