Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
sashusmom
Enthusiast
sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iphone 3gs-(JB), asus 1000h, e-ink nook, libre pro, Wht PDN, Huawei s7
what happened to slatedroid????

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question. I figured the android section was a good start.

Slatedroid has been down for days. I haven't been on that site lately and I can't find out what happened. Their wiki was back up for a little while but not now. Google is not helping me here.

Anyone have info if they shut down? Moved? Reorganizing?

I found a little blurb about changing servers, site being down, but getting their wiki back up, which it was, but now nothing.

I hate to lose a great resource! Those guys were the best community for helping out android users and hacking their devices for the best performance.
sashusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
they're moving to a new server. should be cleared up soon
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
I can get into the site and read the boards but I'm having trouble logging in.

When I tried to log in yesterday the same page just kept reloading without logging me in. When I tried to do a forum search I filled out and clicked all the appropriate things (including typing the captcha box) but it just returned me to the blank search page. Everything going in loops.

Today when I try to log in I keep getting this:
Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!
I clicked the forgotten password spot, got the emails from Slatedroid, and reset my password. Still getting the same error message. ???? And I am waiting 15 minutes between tries.

But there are new posts since yesterday so some people are getting in okay. If I can't get logged in soon I'll try re-registering with my other e-mail address and see what happens.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
hmm

I can get to the front page, but past that I only get a flash of the page and then a redirect to a GoDaddy placeholder/ad-spam page
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
There was an informational post in their forum yesterday that logins weren't working due to the move. I couldn't log in either.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
For anyone having trouble logging into SlateDroid, if you go to their main page, you will find an email address listed on the right side of the page. You can email them with login problems.

There also is a link to a preview of the New site in Beta mode... unfortunately, that link didn't work for me.

I just used the email address about my account login so I hope to hear from them soon.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I was finally able to log in again today, and once again my post totals were wiped out.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote