Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #31
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Kindle 3, Nexus 7, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSV View Post
Here is an amazing cover, compact, very durable and inexpensive:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Aluminum-Met...item255f7d9e27
Please post a review when it arrives. It looks interesting. I use a leather cover for home, but this one might be better for throwing into a carry-on bag during travel.

Mostly, I'd wonder if any clip-on light can be attached without making the metal frame stick out too far. Also, whether headphones could still be plugged in while using in "easel" mode.

C>
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #32
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I am going to send that aluminum case place an email and ask some questions. Just as soon as I find my ebay password and ID (not used much )
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #33
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
Such a list would be wonderful to have since this "what case should I get" question comes up quite often. I was unable to access your list, however - the link lead to a page asking me to sign into my Google account so it would probably lead to my Google documents (which don't exist,) not the document you wanted to share with us.

Holly
Sorry about that I checked the documents settings:

Public on the web
Anyone on the Internet can find and access. No sign-in required.

and recopied the link

My Quest for a Jetbook Lite Case (and or Cover) - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DPU/edit?hl=en
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #34
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomereader View Post
Sorry about that I checked the documents settings:

Public on the web
Anyone on the Internet can find and access. No sign-in required.

and recopied the link

My Quest for a Jetbook Lite Case (and or Cover) - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DPU/edit?hl=en
The link still didn't take me to your list; just for grins, I signed into my Google account, and, voilà, there was your list! Apparently the "public on the Web/no sign in required" settings don't work as advertised; you still have to have a Google account in order to share documents - at least, that how it worked for me. It's a great resource; thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I give up. can we have an accessories sticky back?
I agree; an accessory sticky with a list of and links to covers, cases and book lights, etc., would be very useful, as long as it is faithfully updated - new products are being put on the market all the time. Accessory-related threads are started quite frequently, and though the search function here works well, it would be nice to have everything in one place at the top of the forum.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #35
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Kindle Boards has an entire board for accessories. It is a scary place to venture...
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #36
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Yep my girlfriend sank a small fortune after browsing around there the last week. You have been warned.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote