Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Read E-Books on Your iPhone

How many people on this forum read e-books (whole books) on iPhone? and if you read what app you use for it?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I just read my first whole ebook on my iPhone. I read it on the Kobo app because my Kobo was still charging and I couldn't wait.
I had a massive headache when I finished so I next time I think I will try to be patient...

Previously I have used iBooks and the Kobo app to read a few old favourite books that I can pick up and read for 10 to 15 minutes and not need to come back to. IMO the iPhone works perfectly for that and that is the only way I will use it in the future.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
I have started a book on the iphone, but not finished it as yet, i use Stanza mostly.
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2,Nook,ipad mini, iPad Air, galaxy S5, ipod touch 5th gen
I've read a few books on the stanza app on my iPhone in the past.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with Moon+ Reader app
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000, and updated to Android 2.2 just last week. I'm using Aldiko right now, but I will either use FBReader or Moon+ Reader for my next book. I haven't decided which one I'll settle on yet.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I read whole books on Touch 4, as well as on iPad. I mostly use the Kindle or Stanza apps. I've read only a couple of books on B&N.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Motorola Triumph w/Android 4.0.4 (custom ROM) w/FBReader, Vista laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
How many people on this forum read e-books (whole books) on iPhone? and if you read what app you use for it?
I have an iPod Touch (same device minus the phone portion). I've pretty much settled on Stanza, but iBooks wasn't bad (Stanza got a slight edge for being able to give me a slightly bigger text size. At 41, with "mature" eyes, that's important). GoodReader is a good choice for PDFs, I think. BlueReader is also good for ePub, but I'm trying to find one app that'll handle all my e-books and conversion from PDF can be iffy.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
sbtx99
Zealot
sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sbtx99 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi; Red PRS-650; iPod Touch; Android phone
I've never used my phone or iPod for reading an entire ebook; only for reading when away from home.

On the iPod, I use the Kindle and Bluefire apps. (Bluefire displays the epub page numbera, making it easy to switch between it and my Sony reader).

On my Android phone, I use the Kindle and Aldiko apps.
sbtx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I've got a 3rd generation iPod Touch and have read several books on it. I have Stanza and the Bluefire app as well as those for the nook, Kobo, and Kindle. I've used them all and am pleased with all of them, though Bluefire is fast becoming a favorite.

I've also got a nook and enjoy reading on that, too. The iPod is nice because of its pocketable size; I can keep it with me at work so I can read on breaks.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PRS-650, iPhone 4, iPad 4
Stanza. I don't use it when my E-ink reader is at hand but the iPhone is with me 24/7 so it does get used. It is so easy to transfer Epub books from my PC using Calibre as a "server" at home.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #11
GraceKrispy
Rollin' with the punches
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, droid x, sad damaged 505
I have read many books on my blackberry using mobipocket, and several on my ipod touch using kindle app. Neither is preferred by me. When I'm only reading small chunks , it tends to change the flavor of the book just a little.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
Hi,
i've read several books on my iphone - some real heavy weights like george r.r. martin.
I 've read mostly with ibooks, but i have to admit that only the iphone4 with its retina display is really great for longer sessions. I prefer it even over my ipad.
regards
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #13
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
im signed up for the Ectaco mailing list since i purchased a few jetBooks and they just sent me an e-mail that they have some sort of new iphone apps out and theyre free for a limited time.

havent checked it out yet but here are the main ones:

ectaco language teacher
ectaco ulearn
ectaco linguistic crosswords
ectaco audio keyboard

im out of the country now so i cant download them but if anyone checks them out let me know!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #14
simplyparticular
Breecisely
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 & PRS-T2
I used to use eReader.com's app and reading the books I bought from them because they had the most customizable database (and Mobipocket never supported iPhone).

Now that I've got Calibre's up and running, I'm using iBooks and occasionally Stanza. I don't bother with PDF on the iPhone, though. The iPad is my current favorite for that (usually iBooks), but I plan to give the NOOKcolor a test drive.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I use the Kindle app, borders app, stanza, and kobo. Mostly to take advantage of specials The Borders app can be buggy (I didn't notice this on the Kobo app, which I only used a little bit), but it's brilliant when I go to the store and search for a book. One time I was looking for a book at Borders, did a search on their computer, and learned the ebook was on sale for super cheap. I was able to log in to my account on my computer, order the book and send it directly to my iPhone. That was cool
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote