Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
isis
Enthusiast
isis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony, Elonex, Imagin
Sony PRS 650

Hi,
I have has my Sony PRS 650 for 3 days and I love it.
I am putting my ebooks on the reader using Calibre, not really sure what I am doing but the books are getting onto the reader!!!!

My question is this, how can I search my Sony to find a book by the author please?

Also how do I delete a single book?

Many thanks, Isis xxx
isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
edbro
Warthog Driver
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Did yours not come with a manual?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
library addict
Wizard
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
To search by author press "See All" on the home page and then press the inverted triangle in the top right of the screen and select "by Author" in the submenu that appears.

To delete a book that is open, press OPTIONS and select "Delete Book" from the menu.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
isis
Enthusiast

Edbro, mine came with a quick start guide, thats all, it has nothing about deleting or searching!

Library addict, thank you very much for replying so quickly, very helpful xxx
Old 12-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Mine came with a manual on the reader itself. Kind of a Catch-22 if you can't figure out how to turn it on. Seriously though, check and see if you have a user manual on the device itself.
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
isis
Enthusiast

Jibfoot,
Just looked and you're right, I have a User Manual actually on the reader lol

Would never have thought to look!!!!

Thank you xxx
Old 12-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Another way to search is to go to 'See All' then presss the OPTIONS button then select 'Search' from the menu. This will work for either first name or last name or both.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
isis
Enthusiast

Thank you Grooks, this sony 650 is amazing!!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isis View Post
I promised
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by isis View Post
Yes, it is
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote