Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Blossom's Big Move

As this is off topic in our romance Deals and freebies thread. I'm making this thread to keep my friends and posters from that thread updated on my big move.

As you know we're moving after 7 years from Eastern Tennessee to Raleigh, NC. We have not yet scored an apartment.

I've been packing like a mad woman y'all would be proud of me. I've gotten over 20 big bags of stuff in trashbags sent to the landfill. None of it books mind you! Most of it my skinny clothes from my youth and all those papers

We will be picking up the big moving truck on Monday and loading it and pulling out sometime Tuesday for the big city.

We plan to rent a self storage to put everything in and stay at a hotel while we apartment hunt. It's worked for us a few times before so hopefully by this time next week I will be a new place with internet and life will be slowly back to normal.

I do have 3G though not reliable on my phone. So I will post in this thread to keep you all updated about us.

I'm gonna miss everyone and all free books I hope I have access to internet to the internet through the hotel but seeing we have two cats we have limited hotels to choose from. Speaking of the cats my oldest who has done this before knows what is going on and she is ready! She's got her harness on and is sleeping in her brand new pet carrier. The youngest has never traveled before. I don't know how she is going to act on a 6+ hour trip. She likes the pet carrier but has no idea what it really is for. Today we are going to try a harness on her so wish us luck!
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Nook Touch, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite
I am here Blossom. Take care and enjoy yourself. Stay safe and drive carefully. I hope you have nice weather during all of this
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I am here Blossom. Take care and enjoy yourself. Stay safe and drive carefully. I hope you have nice weather during all of this
Thanks Suz! *hugs* You know we haven't even look to see what the weather will be but when we move from Nebraska to Wilmington years ago it was in a Blizzard!!! We came down the Blue Ridge Parkway with zero visibility and drop offs on both sides listening to the song Free Falling! I held on to the Oh bar so long I bruised my knuckles.

We ordered a 20 foot truck but they were out so they gave us a 26 foot truck instead for the same price. Hubby is the only driver in the family. I will be holding onto my furbabies.
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
library addict
Wizard
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
Good luck with the move, Blossom. Safe travels for you, your hubby, and the cats.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #5
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Good luck with the move! And your new home when you find it!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #6
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Blossom, your in my prayers. Safe driving.

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
cadele
Zealot
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Hope you have a safe journey and that you find a nice apartment soon.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
mommyofkings
BookAdventurer
mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle
Be safe, Blossom

I hope your move goes well. Pace yourself, moving is hard work!
mommyofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #9
worktolive
Addict
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Happy apartment hunting. Raleigh sounds like a nice place to live with relatively good weather so hopefully things will fall into place easily for you there.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K-Touch, Nook GL, K-Fire, Kobo Aura
Good luck, Blossom. Lots of good thoughts and wishes are going with you.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #11
sqdancer
Evangelist
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & AuraHD, Sony T2 & T3S, KindleNT, Aluratek Libre Pro, Next8P
Safe travels and best wishes for finding a comfortable, peaceful home.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #12
silverraven
Fanatic
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I know it sounds cruel, but I sedate my dogs for trips. Just a little, to relax them. I use Dramamine, the original kind. Or Benedryl. They get so wound up otherwise. I asked the vet about it, and he said it is fine for the dogs.
Good luck with apartment hunting!!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #13
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Good luck on the drive (maybe the older cat will help sooth the younger one) and the hunt. Safe travels and try to enjoy the view on the way
gabby98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #14
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Be safe, Blossom. You and hubby and cats will all be in our thoughts and prayers! Good luck on hotel and apt hunting
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #15
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire HD 6, Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Are you towing your car behind the big truck?

We moved 10 years ago from Chesapeake VA to central PA (near Altoona) with 5 birds, a lizard, some fish, a dog, and 3 little kids, 3 vehicles, AND 3 moving trucks. It was a complete nightmare. I swear I will never move that far again!

I'm glad you can do it all in one trip!
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote