Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile
danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Introducing the other Dan Brown

Hello Everyone! My name is Dan Brown and in the course of writing my first novel, some other guy, claiming to be me, had the chutzpah to steal my name and publish a book about some code that apparently became quite popular, so much so in fact that copies of it, as well as subsequent novels by the same guy, now accost me every time I visit a brick & mortar or online bookstore these days. Long story short, when I published my first novel (Roll Over, Hitler!) this past month, I decided to use my full name – Daniel Bruce Brown – which would have pleased my parents to no end had they still been alive, but basically makes me unknown to anyone who knows me by Dan Brown, which has to be, I don’t know, at least ten or fifteen people. So, anyway, here I am, hoping to be “discovered” and, in the meantime, hoping to make some new friends among folks who love the written word as much as I do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ROH.front.cover.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	62356   Click image for larger version

Name:	SumoCoverRockStar2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	62357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitler_Cover.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	62358   Click image for larger version

Name:	jf_jonah_MED.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	62359   Click image for larger version

Name:	jf_oil_MED.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	62360   Click image for larger version

Name:	HallmarkBirthdayCard2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	793.3 KB
ID:	62362  
danbro@rcn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
Rollin' with the punches
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, droid x, sad damaged 505
Welcome! You'll do just fine here, I think!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 12-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Dan and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
desertblues
traveling
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi Dan, welcome to MR from the Netherlands.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad mini, HP Touchpad, Aura HD
Hi Dan, welcome to MR!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
G'day, Bruce. I now how frustrating such confusion can be. I had to change my real name to Neil Marr or risk getting mixed up with another Enid Blyton. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite
What's your marketing strategy for your forthcoming litterature career? How do you intend to get noticed by potential customers? I think coming here is a good start. What sort of novels do you intend to write?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
danbro@rcn.com
Vonnegutphile
danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.danbro@rcn.com can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Introducing the other Dan Brown

Thank you all for your kind words of welcome.
danbro@rcn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hello, Daniel Bruce Brown, and welcome. Very entertaining post.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

[I ponder on the wisdom of using an email address as your user name ]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote