Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 650, Ipod Touch
Smoking - I've gone digital

Hoping to cut down on my analog cigarettes, I have now bought an electronic kit. It has only just arrived..... I have finished charging the battery, and now I'm smoking my first e-cigarette...

It works really well, vapor goes in and comes out.. The taste is better than normal cigarettes, my house will be cleaner and not smell of smoke. There's no secondhand smoke for people to inhale and it doesn't have the 4,000+ chemicals that analog cigarettes have.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
have you looked at the reviews for them? they appear to be just as bad if not worse than the real things. I checked them out for my folks earlier this year
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:00 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's one: http://www.3news.co.nz/Technology/St...3/Default.aspx
Old 11-29-2010, 04:04 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard

... and a news video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhA1...layer_embedded and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16Yj...eature=related

Last edited by lene1949; 11-29-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:23 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard

Another news channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81x8...eature=related
Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 AM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
I hope they work for you Lene. As a recovering nicotine addict (of just over three weeks standing!), I looked at them as a possibility. From a harm reduction point of view their use certainly seems to have some benefits. They are though just an alternative method of delivering the drug that we are addicted to, and they won't do anything to address that addiction. I'm afraid the only way of overcoming nicotine addiction is not to take nicotine.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
desertblues
traveling.....
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Some fourteen years ago I quit smoking; smoked about two packets a day.
Always said 'bad habit' = not true, because it is an' addiction'.

I quit after reading some book (Carr) and never smoked a cigarette since. Didn't replace the sigarette with nicotin-chewing gum either.
I dreamed about those cigarettes for four months, and I bored everybody around me to tears with my story of quitting and how healthy non-smoking was.

You go for it, Lene.

TGS: good job

Last edited by desertblues; 11-29-2010 at 07:13 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I didn't mean to disparage your efforts! I quit myself almost 4 years ago after a lifelong commitment to the addiction! I just wanted to make sure that you knew there were still problems with it!

conngratulations on moving forward!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #9
ardeegee
New Musicians of Bremen
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I don't know if digital smoking will catch on. People will want the feel of real cigarettes. And the smell. But if it does, they should be called "liseuseegars."
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Good luck with quitting, and well done to those of you who quit already.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I quit on Feb. 16th 2010 after smoking for 19 years (I started when I was 8). It's been the hardest thing I've ever done, and I've fallen off the wagon a couple times since . Congrats to you and I hope you stick with it
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
I hope they work for you Lene. As a recovering nicotine addict (of just over three weeks standing!), I looked at them as a possibility. From a harm reduction point of view their use certainly seems to have some benefits. They are though just an alternative method of delivering the drug that we are addicted to, and they won't do anything to address that addiction. I'm afraid the only way of overcoming nicotine addiction is not to take nicotine.
Congratulations.

I think the habit is worse than the nicotine addiction.. I have tried different kinds of nicotine replacements, but they haven't worked..

So with these I'm trying to replace the habit with something cheaper and healthier.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I don't know if digital smoking will catch on. People will want the feel of real cigarettes. And the smell. But if it does, they should be called "liseuseegars."
Old 11-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
I quit cigarettes and started vaping (electronic smoking) last October. I feel so much better, and I very much enjoy vaping. There is a lot of information on these things (including plenty of hard evidence debunking and/or cutting through the misinformation stemming from the FDA's smear campaign on e-cigarettes) here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #15
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I quit after reading some book (Carr) and never smoked a cigarette since.
Haha, how funny is that? I quite smoking after I read that book and haven't picked it up since! It didn't bother me at all; no withdrawal, no meany-ness, nothing! I feel much better too.

Well, obviously
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote