Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Amafan
Amafan will become famous soon enoughAmafan will become famous soon enoughAmafan will become famous soon enoughAmafan will become famous soon enoughAmafan will become famous soon enoughAmafan will become famous soon enoughAmafan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3
NookColor page flips

My NC is doing arbitrary page flips at times ; sometimes several at a time, and at other times ignores my effort to change pages. Resetting helps, but it comes back. Any suggestions?
Amafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
I'd take it to BN and get it replaced.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
therealguppy
therealguppy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amafan View Post
My NC is doing arbitrary page flips at times ; sometimes several at a time, and at other times ignores my effort to change pages. Resetting helps, but it comes back. Any suggestions?
The Screen on the Nook Color, is super Sensitive to moisture of any kind, including sweaty finger prints, I have found that often when my nook starts acting strange and selecting things on its own i just need to wipe my screen clean with a microfiber cloth and then put it to sleep and wake it back up. From what i understand the Screen protectors they sell pretty much fix this issue. also I have found that when the battery gets low the touch is far less accurate.

I will be picking up the Glare reduction screen protector soon as i hear its the best for now only reducing glare but also makes the screen silky smooth to touch and work.
therealguppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Is it plugged in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amafan View Post
My touch has been spot on perfect ... except during registration (which was frustrating while trying to type my wireless password) and when it is plugged in. Based on my experience, and a few posts here, I have pretty much decided the device is unusable while on the quick charge.

Oh, well. I didn't really like the cable pulling me down, anyway.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
bilbothejust
Enthusiast
bilbothejust is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad -> Nook Color
I have had the same random jumping and extra page turns so I followed some earlier advice about cleaning the screen well with a microfiber cloth and that seems to diminish the page flips BUT I do wish there was a sensitivity control for touch. Also, it seems the placement of the tap on the screen is very specific. Sometimes I'll go to flip a page and the Font selection option comes up...sometime I go for a flip and nothing happens...oh well. I still love it, but hope this is addressed in an update.
bilbothejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
therealguppy
therealguppy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Well as far as the placement of the page taps, when in a book the Screen is split in three sections from top to bottom the right side to flip that way and the left to flip that way, and tap the middle to get the options. |Left|Middle|Right| like that
therealguppy is offline   Reply With Quote