Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
tmb20x
tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Be in Screensaver mode or not

Hi all!
I have bought my K3 for 2 months but I have kept thinking 2 matters below for 1 month and had no one to answer:
1. Is it harmful to my K3 if I use the command "~DisableScreensaver" to disable the screensaver mode ? Should I let my K3 be in sleep mode (with screensaver) or non-screensaver mode when I don't read ?
2. The command "~StartIndexing" is alternative to the command "~StopIndexing". Why does not the command "~DisableIndexing" have its alternative one?

Last edited by tmb20x; 11-26-2010 at 08:59 AM.
tmb20x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
tmb20x
tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tmb20x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Just one question more about the commands with "~"

Is it not good for K3 if I use the type of commands begining with the sign "~"(such as : ~help, ~indexStatus, ~disableScreensaver,...) ?

Last edited by tmb20x; 11-26-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
vndnguyen
vndnguyen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb20x View Post
Hi all!
I have bought my K3 for 2 months but I have kept thinking 2 matters below for 1 month and had no one to answer:
1. Is it harmful to my K3 if I use the command "~DisableScreensaver" to disable the screensaver mode ? Should I let my K3 be in sleep mode (with screensaver) or non-screensaver mode when I don't read ?
2. The command "~StartScreensaver" is alternative to the command "~StopScreensaver". Why does not the command "~DisableScreensaver" have its alternative one?
as far as I know, there is no commands like ~StartScreensaver and ~StopScreensaver. When you type ~help command, you would see ~disableScreensaver and ~resumeScreensaver commands.
vndnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
tmb20x

Sorry! I've just edited my first post of this thread
Old 11-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Doug Huffman
Banned
Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.Doug Huffman knows the square root of minus one.

Location: Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
Device: KINDLE 3 WiFi
What does the 'screensaver' do that you would prevent? How much off-er is off than sleep?
Doug Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote