|11-19-2010, 02:19 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Device: Kobo Glo, Nexus 7 2012, Acer Iconia W510
IVIEW 7" colour ebook reader - 700EB
I've been lurking here for a month or so, and while I've read a number of books of my laptop, the only mobile device I've read from was my old palm pilot. I'm in Canada, so I don't want to but the Kindle with the whole shipping from the States thing. I've found a ebook reader that looks like it could be good, but I'm not sure. I haven't found any reviews for it, just the specs, so I was wondering if other people have used IView products. I can get it for $135 plus taxes.
Processor: Arm9 +DSP, 400MHZ
RAM Memory: DDR1 16x32 MB
Display: 7” TFT LCD, 16:9 Ratio
Resolution: 800 x 480
Display Contrast Ratio: 400(typ)
Display response time: Rise 12ms, Fall 18ms (typ)
Built in Storage: 2GB
Card Reader: SD/SDHC, up to 32GB
Ebook Format: EPUB, PDF, TXT, FB2, PDB, HTML
Ebook DRM: Adobe DRM & EPUB DRM
Ebook Features: Bookmark, Slide Show(auto flip), Music, Slide show, zoom
in/out, rotate screen, text reflow
Audio Format: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, OGG
Photo Format: JPG, BMP,PNG, GIF
Audio connectivity: 3.5mm audio jack
Power connectivity: DC jack
Power Battery type: Built in Li Polymer (2000 mah)
System Requirement: Windows 98 and above, Mac 10.0 and above
Colors: Available in Black, Silver & White
Unit dimension: 8.06” x 4.24” x 0.72
Weight: 0.8 lbs
|01-30-2011, 03:46 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2010
I got the iView ereader. Here are my observations on it:
Excellent backup eReader. Good to learn.
1. Very bad for PDF
2. Not sure about how long battey will last and durability
3. Make own folder for different kinds of media. It can't recognize the differnt once like music etc., and just gives a long list.
4. CAN be used while charging
5. Video seems to drain battery faster.
6. Micro SD card is a pain, wish it took regular Memory cards.
7. Headphones that come in the package are poor quality.
1. mp4 and all other formats supported by Skytex
2. Colors for text
3. Change background to black and text to different colors
4. Where is reset button ?
5. Alarm feature
6. Synthetic Case instead of Leather
7. Can't delete files from the device directly.
8. Doesnt say when charging is complete. Would be nice if there was an indicator for this.
9 Sort of hard on eyes, so needs a protective screen
|01-30-2011, 01:05 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Manual for this eReader can also be downloaded from there.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Looking for 7" colour eReader||Greensabre27||Which one should I buy?||8||09-08-2010 04:53 PM|
|JXD A21 1080p Colour eBook Reader with 6.0 inch Touch Screen||Dvalin21||Alternative Devices||0||09-08-2010 10:57 AM|
|"do you want to fix removable disc" vista and my ebook reader||persiphone||Sony Reader||5||04-29-2009 12:06 AM|
|"Stretching crystals promises flexible colour displays"||jharker||News||13||09-05-2007 12:03 PM|
|Fujitsu - Prototype Colour Ebook Reader||Stuart Young||News||1||10-06-2006 09:27 AM|