Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
I am interested in what users are finding with the Nook color, but Nook threads get buried to quickly.
k
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmad88 View Post
Maybe we just need the flags like they have in the Sony forums so people can label their threads as "nook" or "nook color" and then people can filter for the threads they want to see.
Moderator Notice
Thank you for the suggestion. We are checking this out now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #17
Cerridwyn
Cerridwyn began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
I like the idea of headers
Cerridwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmad88 View Post
Maybe we just need the flags like they have in the Sony forums so people can label their threads as "nook" or "nook color" and then people can filter for the threads they want to see.
Excellent suggestion.

We added a "color" prefix that you can use to label your thread when it specifically discusses the nookcolor.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Others (sold), Sony Tablet S, iPad Mini, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #20
BMW2002
BMW2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Color Nook, iPad
SEPARATE FORUMS

Absolutely separate the forums. The Color Nook is a Android Tablet. The Nook is not.
BMW2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Others (sold), Sony Tablet S, iPad Mini, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW
The solution was implemented a while ago. Thread prefixes, Color and Classic. Separate sub-forum for rooted device discussions.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #22
RAH
Fanatic
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Yes, but unfortunately the rooted Color threads and posts within threads continue on the regular Nook forum. Trying to find info about a non-rooted COlor Nook is like wading through quicksand.

For example, this recent thread:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133398

clearly started life as a thread about the newly available apps for the non-rooted nook. Look at the last 10 or so posts to it. Once again, it is about rooted Nooks. It happens all the time.

Last edited by RAH; 05-20-2011 at 07:42 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #23
thaKing
thaKing began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
@RAH - that thread is for *all* Color Nooks. The separation is Classic vs Color, not rooted vs stock.
thaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #24
RAH
Fanatic
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaKing View Post
@RAH - that thread is for *all* Color Nooks. The separation is Classic vs Color, not rooted vs stock.
I was referring to the post above mine, where it says "Separate sub-forum for rooted device discussions." From what I can see, the Developer area is supposed to be used for rooted discussions.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #25
thaKing
thaKing began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
gotcha - my bad. That is true, the sub-forum should probably be utilized for "pure" rooted discussions. But I think the issue with that thread you linked to is it is a general NC thread, which can incorporate both stock and rooted devices - I believe. I think the sub-forum is for those questions/discussions that only deal with rooted devices.

But I'm new here and trying to feel it out, so I may be wrong. Don't hold it against me.
thaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
I was referring to the post above mine, where it says "Separate sub-forum for rooted device discussions." From what I can see, the Developer area is supposed to be used for rooted discussions.
Considering that I can be running "rooted" CM7 on my NC one minute and the stock software the next simply by pulling the SD card, the line is a bit fuzzier than you might think. .
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #27
RAH
Fanatic

Depending on the topic, I agree that a Color Nook thread could easy have posts about both rooted and non-rooted. What I object to is threads that are clearly about the non-rooted CN being taken over by root discussions. There is a forum term for this - it's called "hijacking" - when someone introduces a only-slight related post into a thread.

My example of the thread about "1 million download apps already on the nook color" is a good example. When you understand the context of when it was started - a few weeks after the 1.5 update - it is clearly talking about the un-rooted Nook. And yet it has been hijacked by rooters. If rooters want to talk about how many Android apps have been downloaded to the rooted Nook, they should start their own thread, IMHO. Yes, I know, it's probably trillions, but that is why it deserves its own discussion.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #28
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Agreed, but creating a separate "rooted" forum won't stop thread-jacking.

I guess you'll just have to post a notice.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote