Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #16
MrEcko
MrEcko began at the beginning.

Device: none
Don't forget the Empire Trilogy novels (The Stars, Like Dust. The Currents of Space. And Pebble in the Sky.) right in the middle. It comes after the Robot series and before the Foundation series.
MrEcko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #17
Daephex
Licensed Raconteur
Daephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enoughDaephex will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-600, iPod Touch
I didn't forget them-- they're right there in my list. I gotta admit, I didn't like those nearly as much, but they're still a part of things.
Daephex is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #18
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Reading the second foundation trilogy (Brin, Bear, Benford) was the worst literary mistake of my life . I liked Psychohistorical Crisis (Donald Kingsbury) far better. It's not sanctioned by the estate and is not a Foundation novel per se. It's a psychohistorical novel.

The premise (and this is part of the synopsis so really no spoiler for anyone who's already read Foundation's Edge)
Spoiler:
is that the Second Foundation has won and it is many many centuries in the future. You can guess the actual names of all the planets and the historical characters with ridiculous ease. The reason why the names have changed to some extent is actually an integral part of the story and actually adds to the enjoyment! For anyone who's more interested in "what happens next in the Foundation Universe" instead of retrospective fanfic - which is all the 3 B's churned out - this is a much better choice.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote