Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
jarid
jarid began at the beginning.

Device: Droid X
Download fails when using password

Hi--I am using Calibre v0.7.28 on XP sp3 behind a D-Link router and trying to get my books onto a Droid X 2.2 running Aldiko. I have tried using the Droid X native browser and the new Dolphin browser.

When Calibre server is NOT using a username and password, I am able to browse and download the books.

When I implement a username and password, I can browse my books, but all downloads are unsuccessful.

I am accessing the Calibre server using the Verizon network and not the phone's wifi...so I know the port forwarding is working.

Thankx
jarid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
and when you have the password setup, can you access it using a normal browser?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
jarid

Yes--desktop browser works

Using the test server button, I was able to browse and download a book to my desktop.

I had a friend logon from his house and he was able to download a book to his desktop. (Using IE v8.)

This was with the password enabled.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Then you should report the problem to Aldiko
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
jarid

But I am NOT using Alkido to download the books from the Calibre server. I am using the Droid X's native browser...as well as the other available browsers.
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It still sounds like a problem at the Android end.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download, fail, password, server