|11-12-2010, 10:31 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: st helens UK
Device: cybook opus, kindle paperwhite
Anyone heard of the zzBook?
I have had a cybook opus for about 8 months, and am really happy with it.
However I was looking at ereaders last night, because I am after after a slightly bigger one to read at home, and came across one I have not seen before, the zzbook.
It has a 7 inch screen, as opposed to the 5 inch, and while it is not e-ink, it says it is like reading normal paper, but also plays videos, photos, and plays music, so I just jumped in and ordered it
Can't seem to find anything about it on the net and was wondering if anyone here has heard about them.
Probably should have asked before pressing "buy" but it does look to be just what I was after.
|11-12-2010, 12:06 PM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Manchester ( MCFC )
Hi I've been looking at that one myself and it sounds too good to be true.
it states a price of £129..
here are the specs..
ZzBook E-Reader HD
The ZzBook E-Reader is more than just an Ebook reader. It utilises a special
c-paper colour screen to not only allow you to read books, but to view photos watch movies and listen to your favourite music or radio in HD quality!
* 7" colour c-paper LCD screen resolution: 800 x 480 720p
* 2GB Internal memory
* Micro SD expansion slot up to 16GB
* EBook Formats supported:ANSI/UNICODE TXT/PDF/HTML/FB2/PDB/EPUB
* Music playback with MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC,OGG,WAV, AAC, formats
* Song lyrics and album cover art with .LRC files and TAG edit
* Listen to music or radio whilst reading a e-book or magazine
* 720p Video playback with MP4, MPEG2,VOB,AVI,RM,MKV,DAT,3GP
* Image Formats supported: JPEG ,JPG,BMP
* Slim design, measures 203mm(H) x 133W) x 12mm(D)
* Built in radio
* Built in calendar
* Integral Speaker
* Power Off timer
* Voice recorder function
* Screen rotate feature to read in portrait or landscape
* Easy PC Sync via USB 2.0 cable
* Anti glare screen for maximum reading comfort
* Rechargeable 7.4V Li-Polymer Battery - 2000mAh
* EBook playback: 3000 pages
* Video playback: 5 hours
* Audio playback: 30 hours with earphones
|11-12-2010, 12:06 PM||#3|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I have seen the shell before from one of the Chinese manufacturer. Im a bit annoyed at them for calling a normal LCD display "c-paper". seems like they are trying to mislead people to think there is something special about it.
|11-12-2010, 12:11 PM||#4|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Device: Kindle Touch, PW, Fire HD, iPad 3, iPhone 4, Samsung Tab 2 7 + More
It sounds like a standard 7" Android tablet.
|11-12-2010, 12:17 PM||#5|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Sony PRS-650SC
LCD - that gives the game away. If you like reading from the e-ink screens, then avoid this one. Unless you want an LCD screen.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Have you heard of this reader??||Jcas||General Discussions||12||10-28-2010 04:08 AM|
|Seriously thoughtful Anybody heard from Mindy||Ralph Sir Edward||Lounge||4||04-11-2010 11:30 AM|
|have any of you heard of Michelangelo 2.0?||josephct3||Sony Reader||50||02-13-2008 03:41 PM|
|What's the best eBook I've never heard of?||McDoof||Sony Reader||6||12-07-2007 04:44 AM|