Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
New Stephen King Ebook more than HC

So if you go to Amazon.com, you can buy the Hard Cover of Stephen King's new book Full Dark No Stars for $14.60.

You can buy the eBook for $14.99.

With my borders bucks I just bought it for $10 at Borders (the HC not the eBook).

Just adding fuel to the fire here LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
It will come down......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not anytime soon I don't think. I went to check out some reviews from people that may have read it already, but it's all one star reviews because of the eBook price.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Wifi, Nexus 7 (2013), Samsung Tab 10.1
Kobobooks in Canada has it for $14.99 as well but Chapters hardcover $2O with a list of $32; Amazon.ca is the same price -- $20.

So in this case, at least, the ebook is considerably cheaper. Oh wait! Canadians can just buy it at Amazon.com at $14.60 as well. So ... nevermind!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook color, nook touch
B&N has the solution that the publishers are hoping the retailers will adopt. B&N priced the hardcover at 40 cents more than the price Simon & Schuster set for the ebook. This keeps the publisher happy because the hardcover is not as heavily discounted, and the ebook buyers don't whine because the ebook is more expensive than the hardcover.

Too bad this doesn't work for Agency 5 mass market paperbacks, because B&N routinely discounts them by 10%, but is forced to sell the ebook at list price. I've only been buying Agency 5 books when I can use a discounted gift card, and I don't have much of a balance left.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Is there a "popcorn" emoticon on MR?

I guess this will have to do:

Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
This one?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, iPad, Nook Classic
I've solved this by now. I buy neither. I will either check it out from the library or skip the book till it is cheap and paperback priced.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
I've solved this by now. I buy neither. I will either check it out from the library or skip the book till it is cheap and paperback priced.
It's a Simon & Schuster eBook. It won't be at the library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Looking at Amazon the 'Australian way'

ebook 14.04
hardback 14.90
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
markuskane
Markus Kane
markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
I haven't seen that before, where the hardcover costs more than the e-book. Even with the slight difference, I'd still buy the e-book. Instant download. No heavy brick to lug around. Definitely.
markuskane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #12
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, iPad, Nook Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's a Simon & Schuster eBook. It won't be at the library.
Even the hardcover? If its something I really want to read I would rather check out the paper version than be over charged for an ebook. If thats not an option I will skip it.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #13
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
Quote:
Even the hardcover? If its something I really want to read I would rather check out the paper version than be over charged for an ebook. If thats not an option I will skip it.
They will have the hardcover and audiobook but not the ebook.
Fbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuskane View Post
I haven't seen that before, where the hardcover costs more than the e-book. Even with the slight difference, I'd still buy the e-book. Instant download. No heavy brick to lug around. Definitely.
Not I...of course I could use the Bucks on the HC, but not the eBook, so that's another strike against them.

Plus it's 365 pages, not exactly a huge weight, weighs about as much as my ereader with cover.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Even the hardcover? If its something I really want to read I would rather check out the paper version than be over charged for an ebook. If that's not an option I will skip it.
I was talking about the eBook version. The hardcover should be at the library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote