Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
kjturner71
kjturner71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Question Formatting error causes a whole chapter to be unreadable

I recently posted a support ticket to Kobo for the following formatting issue I am getting on one of my purchased eBooks. The error message in the ereader stated the following:
This page contains the following errors:
error on line 197 at column 65: Opening and ending tag mismatch
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
The book is "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.

As a result of the error being displayed on the screen, I am unable to read chapter 9 of the book in my Kobo device. The error message pushes down the text of the first page of chapter making the bottom few lines flow off the screen. And each subsequent page of that chapter is also pushed down with a empty space at the top of the page where the error message was on the first screen.

I'm not posting this to badger Kobo because from what I have read, its the publisher's who create the books, not Kobo. Plus I love my Kobo ereader, it totally r0x. Furthermore, I've read some encouraging posts about Kobo's commitment to ensuring the ebooks are of fine quality (or they will fully refund the purchase).

I'm just curious to see if others have have had purchased books that were not readable on the device because of similar errors, and what was done to remedy the situation.
kjturner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjturner71 View Post
I recently posted a support ticket to Kobo for the following formatting issue I am getting on one of my purchased eBooks. The error message in the ereader stated the following:
This page contains the following errors:
error on line 197 at column 65: Opening and ending tag mismatch
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
The book is "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.

As a result of the error being displayed on the screen, I am unable to read chapter 9 of the book in my Kobo device. The error message pushes down the text of the first page of chapter making the bottom few lines flow off the screen. And each subsequent page of that chapter is also pushed down with a empty space at the top of the page where the error message was on the first screen.

I'm not posting this to badger Kobo because from what I have read, its the publisher's who create the books, not Kobo. Plus I love my Kobo ereader, it totally r0x. Furthermore, I've read some encouraging posts about Kobo's commitment to ensuring the ebooks are of fine quality (or they will fully refund the purchase).

I'm just curious to see if others have have had purchased books that were not readable on the device because of similar errors, and what was done to remedy the situation.
Take a look at this thread, you're not the only one to have this problem

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=105406

I hope this helps
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
kjturner71
kjturner71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Thank Pookeysgirl, that resolved my problem!

In future, I'm going to do a better search to see my questions have already been answered.
kjturner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjturner71 View Post
Thank Pookeysgirl, that resolved my problem!

In future, I'm going to do a better search to see my questions have already been answered.
It's no problem. We're all here to help eachother
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote