Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
frankelr
frankelr doesn't litterfrankelr doesn't litter

Device: k3kb, KTso, Nook ST
Source of book cover jpgs

Could someone please point me to a link where I can
find down-loadable book cover files. My main interest is covers
for public domain books such as are found at Gutenberg or Manybooks.

Thanks for any help
frankelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Fantastic Fiction is a good source.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Calibre has a "Fetch Cover Art" function that works quite well. I have no idea where it gets them from though.

Alternatively, just use Google. Type in the title, and then do an image search. You'll get covers.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
BenG
Wizard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Search Flickr. It has several book cover pools.
But most of the time a Google image search comes through. If the image you want is too small or of bad quality you can use TinEye Reverse Image Search to look for a better version.

Also you may want to take a look at Cover Browser.

Last edited by BenG; 11-12-2010 at 01:22 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
ardeegee
New Musicians of Bremen
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankelr View Post
Could someone please point me to a link where I can
find down-loadable book cover files. My main interest is covers
for public domain books such as are found at Gutenberg or Manybooks.
The problem with that is books old enough to be in the public domain come largely before the standard was to have artwork on the covers. This, for example, is the original cover of The Time Machine (from Wikipedia)

http://www.dollsofcolor.org/blog/wp-...1895_cover.jpg

And this looks, as far as I can tell, to be the first cover of Tom Sawyer:

http://www.amazon.com/ADVENTURES-TOM.../dp/B003JMEO1M
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
frankelr
frankelr doesn't litterfrankelr doesn't litter

Device: k3kb, KTso, Nook ST
Thank You all for your help

Thank you for your help

Bob
frankelr is offline   Reply With Quote