Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
OS 3.2 v 4.2 and bluetooth devices

I recently got hearing aids and got a bluetooth transceiver to hook up with my phone and iPad. It works pretty good with the phone, but when I hooked up to my iPad, there is only one volume setting: LOUD. I haven't listened to music at this volume since I was a stupid kid and was busily making sure I would need hearing aids.

The Audiologist's office checked with tech support and were told that this is a problem with their device in OS 3.x, but is supposed to be fixed in OS 4. In fact, they said, iPhone 4's do just fine.

My question is: Has anyone with an iPhone with OS 4 had an experience with bluetooth devices, such as ear buds and know if the volume control is workable?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Rob_E
Connoisseur
Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: iPod Touch/iPad
I don't have experience with bluetooth with any iDevice, but I do seem to remember that better bluetooth support was one of the features of 4.x. It's supposed to support the newer bluetooth profile that stereo bluetooth headphones take advantage of and allow controlling your iDevice from your bluetooth headphones, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if 4.2 solved your problem.
Rob_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast