Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #31
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by alism View Post
Does anyone know if you can use two coupons for one ereader? I have 500 and a 505 I would like to trade in and get a new ereader.
I doubt it. Usually one is only allowed one coupon code per purchase. I would send in the 500 and try and sell the 505. You could probably get more then $75 for it.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #32
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro, Sharper Image Literati
I asked but am still waiting for a response... They said that I would get an answer "within 24 business hours", and that time is almost up.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #33
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

I asked Sony, in regards to the $75 trade in offer,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
Can I send in more than one ereader for $75? If the information I provide in the questionnaire is accurate, will the reward value ever change? If I send in more than one ereader, can I use the reward amount towards buying the same ereader?
And they replied;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony People View Post
Thank you for your inquiry to Sony Style Trade-In powered by ecoNEW. The Reader promotion is designed to allow a single $75 special trade-in value towards the purchase of a new Reader. When you get to our reward page, you can choose to get the eCoupon a single use code each towards the purchase of a new Reader, or you can opt for the true trade-in value payable as a Sony Style Gift Card. This value is typically less than the $75 offer.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sony Style Trade-In Support

Joe
Old 11-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #34
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PRS-650, iPhone 4, iPad 4
I signed up to trade in my PRS-900. Curious to see how they value it. I said "Fair" condition (has slight screen damage but still legible). I want that $75 toward a new 650! I was thinking of a new Kindle wifi but this discount tips the scales back toward Sony... if I get that value.

Anyone get their credits yet?
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #35
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Others (sold/gifted), iPad Air; Kindle PW2,Voyage; Xperia Z Ultra
I sent an email to Sony asking the following:

If I receive a $75 credit toward a new Sony Reader, by what date must it be used? In other words, must I use the credit within a certain period of time?

---

Does anyone know the answer? I know the offer ends January 1st.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #36
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I mailed my Reader in on Monday Nov. 8th and this is my tracking info so far:

Quote:
Product Delivered To Recycler: November 20, 2010 (estimated)
Product Validated By Recycler: November 25, 2010 (estimated)
Reward Issued: December 9, 2010 (estimated)
Reward Recieved: Via First Class Mail.
Currently: We are currently waiting for the arrival of your recycled product. Please allow 7-10 days from the date of shipping to receive your confirmation email indicating your product has been received and independently verified.

** Upon receipt and verification of your item, you will receive an email containing your eCoupon. This is a single use code that can be entered during check out online at SonyStyle or at the register when purchasing at a Sony Style retail store. The code is only eligible for use to purchase the items identified with your eCoupon offer.
As you already know, it also says that the offers ends January 1, 2011. But I can't find anywhere that says the reward eCoupon has any expiration. From what I recall, from a previous correspondance with customer service, SonyStyle gift cards never expire. I don't know if this applies to the eCoupon as well.

I sure hope that their estimated dates are the upper limit. Since I chose the eCoupon I'm hoping the date reward is issued is a lot quicker than 2 weeks, since it's not going through the snail mail! It's been 2 days without my Reader and I miss it terribly!

Sorry I can't be more help.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #37
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you! I'll post the response I receive from customer service.

I wasn't planning on buying the 950 anytime soon because I have a Square Trade warranty on my 900 that doesn't expire until 2013. Having spent $400 in January for the 900 I can't bring myself to buy another one so soon. After looking at the 950 in Best Buy yesterday I'm tempted to purchase early next year. The screen is amazing compared to what I'm presently looking at.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #38
PilgrimSoul
PilgrimSoul began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS-600
The only thing holding me back from trading in right now is that I bought the 2 year warranty with my PRS600. If I can transfer the balance of that to my new reader, I'm definitely trading in. Otherwise, I might sit out the next year until it expires.
PilgrimSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #39
MR. Pockets
Addict

Does anyone know yet if there is an expiration on the ecoupon?

BTW, with the current sale on the Sony readers and the ecoupon, you could get a PRS-350 for $75!

Last edited by MR. Pockets; 11-15-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #40
SCION
Séduisant

Finally received a response to my inquiry:

The eCoupon provided upon receipt of your Reader is good for at least 30 days from the end of the promotion. The current promotion is active to the end of this year, so the eCoupon would be good through January of next year.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #41
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Finally received a response to my inquiry:

The eCoupon provided upon receipt of your Reader is good for at least 30 days from the end of the promotion. The current promotion is active to the end of this year, so the eCoupon would be good through January of next year.
Thanks for the update SCION!

I don't plan on waiting to use mine once it comes! I'm still waiting for confirmation that they've received my Reader (mailed it a week ago Monday)! It's tortuous being without it!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #42
caeebe
caeebe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
I would love to get a new 950 but even with the current sale @ $249 I'd only be willing to buy it with the $75 eCoupon. Since the sale only lasts to Nov 27th I'm guessing they won't hand out any rain checks to use with the eCoupon.

Has anyone received their eCoupon yet? I only have one eReader (a very old eBookman 911). I don't know if I could handle going 3-4 weeks without my eReader, even in anticipation of a much better reader.

Has anyone received a full eCoupon for a very old or somewhat damaged eReader after inspection during the recycling phase? Has anyone been denied credit after turning their reader in?
caeebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #43
MR. Pockets
Addict

In response to an inquiry about the eBookman, I received this reply;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Peoples View Post
Thank you for your inquiry to Sony Style Trade-In powered by ecoNEW. The eBookman is a fairly specialized communication device to translate languages and does not effectively serve as a Reader, so I am concerned that upon receipt your item would be classified as ineligible and you wouldn't get the eCoupon you were hoping for. You are certainly welcome to bring your device into a Sony Style retail location to see if they will accept this device towards their credit off a new Reader. I just don't want you to send it in knowing that you may not get anything back for it.

Thank you again for your interest and inquiry.

Sony Style Trade-In Support

Joe
If you want to trade in your eBookman, take it to a Sony retail store.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #44
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
New Price on PRS 950

I see the price is also down to $249.00.
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #45
caeebe
caeebe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
In response to an inquiry about the eBookman, I received this reply;

If you want to trade in your eBookman, take it to a Sony retail store.
Thanks for asking. As the eBookman was created as an eReader and not a translator the reply is somewhat bogus but I didn't realize that the credit could be achieved by visiting a Sony Retail Store. This would be much better then sending in a device. Has anyone else tried the trade-in at a store?
caeebe is offline   Reply With Quote