Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #16
desertblues
New York
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebyam View Post
Just tried the factory reset.... it still won't connect to the Kindle Store, yet, as far as I can tell, it has full bars of service...

Sigh. Guess I'll have to call them, no response to the email yet. (Do you normally get a confirmation that it's been sent? I never got one...)
Most of the time they'll send you a confirmation email the next day. Or else resend the email.
You might also email if they will telephone you.
They once offered to telephone me from overseas (even though I'm not on the list of countries they contact by phone) when I explained it cost me too much to telephone them.
Hope it works out for you.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #17
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Someone last week in Vancouver had trouble connecting for a day or two but it resolved so maybe it is a carrier issue - although they did call carrier and supposedly there were no issues

But are you also saying you cannot copy or move the item(s) from computer directly using usb cable?
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
cebyam
cebyam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I just got off the phone with a lovely chap at Amazon (50 minutes, cost me more than the books did haha) and after updating my software (had 2.5.3, updated to 2.5.4) and checking various other things, he thinks it is most probably the wireless service provider and the signal not being strong enough at the moment where I am (North Vancouver if anyone else is having problems)...

He figured out my other problem with not being able to download to my computer so now I can at least download books onto it the long way... bit of a pain, but much better than nothing!!!
cebyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
Sally
Sally began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
What OS are you running? I downloaded the Kindle app to my Linux (Ubuntu) computer and it took messing around with WINE and a few bad words to FINALLY get it up and running. But it does work now and I LOVE it. Still saving my pennies for a Kindle ereader...
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote