Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2015, 12:25 AM   #1
sherman
Addict
sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC, B&N Nook, Sony PRS-650/BC, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
It Arrived!!

So, my new toy arrived this afternoon.

While I've hardly had a chance to look at it, a couple of very very rough first thoughts:

The screen is gorgeous.

The screen is also very smooth to touch compared to my Glo, although that could be an age factor.

There appear to be no pinpricks as far as the light goes. There may be some slight uneveness in the light (vertically), but if there is, it is very subtle and you have to look pretty hard to see it. I'll reassess in a couple of days, but I'm not expecting to have any issues with it.

My biggest issue at the moment is waiting for it to fully charge, so I can actually do some reading on the thing.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #2
Quexos
Leaving U all soon...
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do you plan to submerge it in water?
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #3
sherman
Addict
sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC, B&N Nook, Sony PRS-650/BC, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Do you plan to submerge it in water?
Ummmm. Good question.

Probably not deliberately, but I certainly have more peace of mind if I frop it in some water accidentally. I'm also more likely to read around/in water too.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Gorgeous gang-gangs
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
Hey Sherman congrats

Re testing it in water .... mmmm .... maybe just stand in the street one wet and windy day eh!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote