Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #16
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryp View Post
How hard is it to strip DRM?
Not very hard as there are tools available on the web.
The best being packed into something called "tools_v2.0".
Take a look at "Apprentice Alf's Blog" here.

Remember: You need to convert into something the Kindle is able to read.

Last edited by SkyDream; 11-02-2010 at 04:22 PM.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #17
datura
datura began at the beginning.

Device: k3
i so far do not recomend the kindle 3. i deregistered my device and since then my device discharges in a day or around there. before when it was registered it would go standby on its own and be idle. no one should have to be tracked in order to maintain a fuction completly independent of any security issue or any tos/tou agreement i can fathom. unless your running a real Flavor of linux other than facist (its facist) you can do yourself better. illiad is awesome.
datura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #18
tryp
tryp began at the beginning.

Device: none
In the end, I went with Kobo, and so far, I'm loving it.
tryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #19
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Good for you. Enjoy!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #20
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryp View Post
They do have good med books in kindle format, but I think I could probably also get them in ePub or another format.
If I give up on the PDF thing and I just want a low end reader that I can get a good selection of sci-fi/fantasy for in canada, is Kobo or Kindle better?
So, if you are new to this, you might not be aware of Baen. They are a traditional science fiction/fantasy publisher who has been the star of the ebook world since the late 1990's. Their stuff leans towards military and space opera. If that is your flavor you won't find a better source. Its cheap (a whole lot of it is free). It works on every reader, and it has no DRM.

Go to www.webscriptions.net and start with the link for the free library to see many books (70+) for free.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
canada, kindle, kobo