Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
nklein
Enthusiast
nklein began at the beginning.

Device: ppc, soon a ipod touch
where to download?

Hi I here about these sites where you can download free ebooks that people have uploaded
does anyone know of any good ones?

Last edited by nklein; 11-01-2010 at 06:42 PM.
nklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
For starters, look down the way here in MobileRead. You'll find a nice selection in most popular formats. I like Project Gutenberg, also, and its scrapers such as Manybooks and Feedbooks (they tend to tweak the formatting to my liking). Munsey's is annoying, and the Internet Archive is more annoying, but they have things the other sites don't. Then there's the Baen Free Library, an insidious plot to get you to buy books by giving you the first couple in a series for free (it works disturbingly well on me) and Fifth Imperium, which has the Baen CD collections. Finally, watch the deals forum here on MR for cheap or free books from all sorts of sources.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 3 (Keyboard), Nexus 7 (2013)
Here's one of my favorite pages of links to many free (and paid) ebook sites:

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php/topic,1136.0.html

Personally I like Project Gutenberg and the Mobileread library best. I think their formatting is really reliable. (The Mobileread library can be accessed from that blue bar at the top of the site, that says "ebooks".)
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
If you are asking for illegal ones, (underground forum) no we can't help.

If you are asking for public domain books, great reads, click on my link below for how to download from our library......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote