Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
Christopher888
Christopher888 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Any word on a Sony 9" reader or greater?

Hi,

I love my Sony PRS-600 ereader. One of the best choices I have ever made. However I read lots of scientific papers, textbooks and large scanned pdfs with diagrams so the screen is a bit small. I love the Kindle DX except for no epub, no SD slot, it has a keyboard and tons of DRM. Is sony planning on releasing an ereader with a screen 8" or bigger? I know about the PRS-950, but its screen is a bit small and looks unusually long.

Thanks, any help appreciated.
Chris
Christopher888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Nexutix
with TBR of 500+ !!!
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G
First, welcome to mobileread.

Many Mobileread members will recommend you Pocketbook or Kindle DX for this. If you want to compare Sony's 650 vs. 950, many recommended 950 screen over 650 in a thread concerned.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook Tablet
Sony doesn't disclose its plans and there has been no announcement of a 9+-inch Sony reader. If you find the 650 too small, take a look at a 950. It's a little bigger.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote