Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #16
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, T2; KPW2; iPad Mini Retina; Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnarra63 View Post
I am in Michigan. Surprisingly, any website that requires a signon, it gives the same error. I am surprised that I can't go to SONY store without a signon using WiFi. The exact message is (whole screen is white and in the middle of the screen)
"The page cannot be displayed. A network error occured. Please check the following: 1) The device's 'WIRELESS' switch is in the 'ON' position. 2) The "Mobile Network/WiFi network setting in the 'wireless controls' screen is turned on."

Obviously, I am online because I can go to websites.
I have used my 950 at several hotspots that required Wi-fi log-on or that required me to accept terms and conditions at a website. I did see a message like that once at a hotel. It seemed to be because I lost the hotel Wi-fi signal temporarily and then it reconnected. However, typically it works for me like one would expect it to. You have to remember to log-on to the Wi-fi hot-spot first, accept T&C's if required, and then try to visit the Sony store.

EDIT: One more thing, when I am on Wi-fi and I go to the Sony Store it just works. I do have to log into the Sony Store using my account info if I want to purchase something or access my acount. I think that's to protect your personal information. However, I don't get any error messages. It just opens up a sign-in page.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 04-08-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
vnarra63
vnarra63 began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader prs-950sc
I called Sony support and they walked me through a download of updated software and now it works flawlessly. I can go to Store, buy books (I just get free books for now) and I can even check my Yahoo email. Thanks.
vnarra63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, T2; KPW2; iPad Mini Retina; Nooks
Great news! Thanks for reporting back that you got it fixed. Happy reading!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 AM   #19
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PRS-950, DR1000S (sold), HX4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnarra63 View Post
[..] they walked me through a download of updated software [..]
Is the "updated software" a new firmware?
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote