Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Howard, Robert E: The Tower of the Elephant (Conan story!) v1. 18 Apr 07

Hi all, I am very, very happy to present The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard. This is a Conan short story that first appeared in Weird Tales, March 1933. According to Manybooks, there is no copyright on it. Wahoo!

Set in the pseudo-historical Hyborian Age, this story concerns Conan infiltrating a perilous city spire to steal a fabled gem from an evil sorcerer named Yara. One of the best Conan the Cimmerian stories that Howard wrote.

I was so excited that a Conan story was available that I changed my cover layout. I decided to make made the e-book cover look more like a "cover." I'm also working on the formatting and the covers of the other Howard stories that are in the public domain. Enjoy!

Edit: I cleaned up the quotation marks in this version.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TheToweroftheElephant.lrf.zip (375.1 KB, 2064 views)

Last edited by tsgreer; 05-23-2007 at 07:24 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I believe all the Conan stories are on PG Australia. I was going to do some anthologies of them, but feel free to do them yourself .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
tsgreer
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

The Conan stories are all PG there?!?! Wow, very cool. All of the Solomon Kane stories are PG in Australia too. But since I am in US how does that work? I am thinking that you could do it because you are in UK, but I couldn't because I am in US.

I love the idea of an anthology, but I am unable to do with my .lrf creation software. Anthology of Solomon Kane would be great too, but once again the Australia vs US situation again.

Any ideas? I would love to do the cover for anyone doing a Conan or Solomon Kane set....
Old 04-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Our policy here is that it's fine to post here anything that's in any of the major PD book collections. From a practical perspective, nobody's going to get into trouble posting as a free download something that anyone can download themselves, so go ahead and do the Robert Howard stuff if you wish. We would, of course, respect a formal request by the US copyright holder to remove it, but the chances of that happening are, to put it mildly, not large. It would be a different matter if you tried to sell it commercially in the US, but I think we can assume that you're not going to do that, can't we?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
tsgreer

Excellent! Ok, it's officially my life's mission to post as much of the PD Robert E. Howard stuff as I can find. I'll post in the "books we're working on" thread too. Thanks for the clarification Harry!
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yay!!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #7
TheMooch
Member Retired
TheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litterTheMooch doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 Sony eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Yay!!
Sentiment seconded. Who needs Sony's Connect store when they've got you guys!?
TheMooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Thumbs up better than connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooch
Sentiment seconded. Who needs Sony's Connect store when they've got you guys!?
this place is better than connect and the prices are very easy on the pocketbook

love conan stories. everyone gets a doughnut for this one
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote