Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Looks like more Kindle Platform Apps are coming!

From iReaderReview. As a Palm Pre WebOS user I'm very excited not so much for a Kindle WebOS) reading app (though I look forward it) but this may mean there will FINALLY be an Audible app for my Pre.

Quote:
Closing Thoughts – Kindle must be booming

45 positions opened in the last 4 days. 14 people in the Kindle Apps for PC, Mac, etc. team. A separate team just for Cross-Platform work. Lab 126 (the Kindle Team) is beginning to sound like a 1,000 person company.

Kindle for WebOS. Kindle for Windows Mobile. A ‘Kindle for iOS’ position. A Kindle for Tablets team. It seems like the various Kindle Apps are a runaway hit and Amazon considers them a vital part of the Kindle’s future.

My favorite three finds -

1. This is a recently formed team tasked with delivering a new, customer-facing Kindle program. A new, customer-facing Kindle program sounds very intriguing.
2. There’s a Kindle Education & Enterprise division.
3. Kindle Platform team also handles MP3 downloads and Video on Demand.

Amazon probably has a lot of Kindle surprises up its sleeve. It’ll be interesting to see when it unveils them and what they are. Perhaps Amazon even has a brand new Kindle or a Kindle Tablet slated to arrive soon.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Where are the people for the kindle itself? There are threads of wish lists and bugs that need addressing. I hope all these teams are not independent and we start seeing better and different features spread over different versions.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert