Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #136
spelunkr
spelunkr began at the beginning.

Device: sony psr-500
I am wondering if I can download rasterfarian 2.5?
There is no link on the forum.
Could you direct me?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #137
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
We've disabled the downloads because we discovered that the current package includes an expired trial version of commercial software, and MobileRead makes it a point to avoid knowingly distributing such things.

You can find details starting in post #120 (and continuing through post #135).
Advert
Old 08-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #138
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
medavidson, this certainly was about your morality. you're just jumping on the "i just wanted to keep mobileread safe" reason because it's the only one thats justifiable. However, it's not a good one. If anyone whose business it actually was to care about this thing had a problem, they would've contacted mobileread same as you. Why don't you run off now and go identify some verbatim quoted press releases? keep mobileread safe!

anyway, pdinfo's job is pretty simple. it just prints out the page count and bookmarks. writing a program that does this with a pdf library should be trivial. this is one reason why this issue re pdinfo is damn stupid in the first place. oh no... mobileread's hosting wAreZ. come here to download the most important piece of a $350 pdf package... the binary that just prints out page numbers!

anyone care to recommend a good library? preferably for .net?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:20 AM   #139
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi Alex,

I am not an expert, but here are a few open-source PDF libraries/tools I found through googling:

Of course there is always the option to point users to the demo download page of pdf-tools should we continue to use the existing program modules (pdcat, pdinfo) .
Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 AM   #140
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_d View Post
medavidson, this certainly was about your morality. you're just jumping on the "i just wanted to keep mobileread safe" reason because it's the only one thats justifiable. However, it's not a good one. If anyone whose business it actually was to care about this thing had a problem, they would've contacted mobileread same as you. Why don't you run off now and go identify some verbatim quoted press releases? keep mobileread safe!

anyway, pdinfo's job is pretty simple. it just prints out the page count and bookmarks. writing a program that does this with a pdf library should be trivial. this is one reason why this issue re pdinfo is damn stupid in the first place. oh no... mobileread's hosting wAreZ. come here to download the most important piece of a $350 pdf package... the binary that just prints out page numbers!

anyone care to recommend a good library? preferably for .net?
Alex,

PLEASE stop trying to shift the blame for your actions onto Mark. He has done absolutely nothing wrong; it is you who are breaking the law.

MobileRead is a "legit" site; we, as MR Editors, most definitely do care about issues of this nature. The company which hosts this web site has, in the past, shown themselves willing to shut down sites at the merest mention of copyright infringement. We have got to take these matter very seriously indeed.

You may believe that these matters are unimportant - that's fine; you're free to think that - but we take these matters seriously and we encourage all MR members to report possible copyright infringement issues to us.

We expect all MobileRead members to maintain certain standards of politeness and decorum towards one another. Abuse of members of this board will not be tolerated. You will be banned from this board if you continue this abusive and aggressive behaviour towards Mark or anyone else.
Advert
Old 09-03-2007, 07:46 AM   #141
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please don't ask people to send you illegal software, jaffer.

Thank you,
Old 09-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #142
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Could you please stop spamming? Alternatives to RasterFarian would be PDFRead and pdflrf.

EDIT: Oops, Harry was faster ...
Old 09-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #143
jaffer1979
Enthusiast
jaffer1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: SonyPrs-500/Palm T|X
Ok sorry. Pdfread takes forever and makes images look horrible and pdf2lrf splits off the bottom sliver of pages and puts them at the top of a new page and leaves the rest blank. Rasterfarian just treated me very well.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #144
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
pdf2lrf splits off the bottom sliver of pages and puts them at the top of a new page and leaves the rest blank
It's possible to disable that feature. I don't know about the GUI (haven't tested it yet), but with the command line the option would be:
Code:
-n, --nosplitpage           Do not split pages across images  (default=off)

Last edited by IceHand; 09-03-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #145
jaffer1979
Enthusiast

I dunno I am using the gui version, and when I take the check mark out of split pages it still does it. If it weren't for this simple little thing I would love the program.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #146
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffer1979 View Post
I dunno I am using the gui version, and when I take the check mark out of split pages it still does it. If it weren't for this simple little thing I would love the program.
Ive used it and I've set it not to split pages and it works fine. You also need to turn off Split Pages, Smart Cut, and Run Pages.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:32 PM   #147
jaffer1979
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Ive used it and I've set it not to split pages and it works fine. You also need to turn off Split Pages, Smart Cut, and Run Pages.
Strangely when I run it with these options I get a document that has several pages that are just a tiny image at the top left smaller than a postage stamp with the rest of the page all shrunk into this small image where as the rest of the pages are fine out of a 148pg document there are probably 30-40 pages that turned out like that.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #148
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Strangely when I run it with these options I get a document that has several pages that are just a tiny image at the top left smaller than a postage stamp with the rest of the page all shrunk into this small image where as the rest of the pages are fine out of a 148pg document there are probably 30-40 pages that turned out like that.
Use the options to cut the pages and see what happens. What I am thinking is that there is junk on the very outside of the pages that cause them to not be able to have the margins cut enough. It sounds like a very poorly created PDF.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:53 PM   #149
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
I get this if I uncheck the "crop" option. Try with "crop", everything else unchecked.

As an alternative, I use "Just another Printer", free program that does a similar thing (and even keeps the ToC if your pdf has it). Links are in the first post of http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5366.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:54 AM   #150
jl1234
jl1234 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-reader
hello,

Why I could not download the files?
Closed Thread