Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #1
John A. A. Logan
Zealot
John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Agency Woman

Happy to announce the release of my new novel, Agency Woman, on Kindle.

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Agency-Woman-J...1574614&sr=1-1

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Agency-Woman...1574669&sr=1-1

A lost, wandering and damaged man finds himself drafted back into the world he thought he had escaped, when the local branch of a powerful, international Agency needs a mysterious job done in the remote Highlands of Scotland.
The new companion who leads him out of disaffected early retirement is a seductive, young, novice female agent, but could there really be far more to her than there at first seems?
They find themselves in a world of natural beauty, mountain and beach, which they will only contaminate with extraordinary rendition, abduction, bloodshed and torture.
The modern bureaucratic world of paperwork and subcontracting will mean that no-one actually knows which government or country is behind the operation, but one man will soon remember why he left Agency work like this and why he hates it so much, even though it may really be love that has dragged him back into it all.

A dark, Scottish tale of conspiracy, espionage, murder and terrorism, with an existential edge, and the spirit of an ancient mountain looming at its centre.

“The specific character of despair is precisely this: it is unaware of being despair.”
Soren Kierkegaard

John A. A. Logan is also the author of Storm Damage, and The Survival of Thomas Ford, an Amazon bestseller with over 125,000 downloads, and the winner of a Special Award in the eFestival of Words Best of the Independent eBooks Awards 2012

Comments about John A. A. Logan’s work:

"Bold" SCOTLAND ON SUNDAY

"New talent" THE HINDUSTAN TIMES

"Writerly prowess" THE SPECTATOR

"Logan writes in very original terms" SCOTTISH STUDIES REVIEW

"The literary survival of author John Logan" THE NORTHERN TIMES

"Positive new chapter for thriller man" HIGHLAND NEWS

"City author's e-book breaks into Top 100" THE INVERNESS COURIER
John A. A. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
John A. A. Logan
Zealot
John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Agency Woman on Authors Electric...and a wee pursuit of Ian Rankin in the UK "International Mystery and Crime" chart:

http://authorselectric.blogspot.co.u...n-a-logan.html
Old 02-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
John A. A. Logan
Zealot

http://theresbeenamurder.wordpress.c...john-aa-logan/

"Tea, toast, and thriller" event with John A. A. Logan - An interview on Lynsey Adams' Theresbeenamurder Blog
Old 02-27-2014, 03:16 AM   #4
John A. A. Logan
Zealot

"Support your favourite inkjet-stained wretches! Send an indie e-book — or three — for the price of a birthday card":

http://post-gutenberg.com/2014/02/23/6647/

(A wee mention of Agency Woman there on the Post-Gutenberg blog)
Old 03-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
John A. A. Logan
Zealot

A newspaper article about Agency Woman, in The Northern Times:

http://authorselectric.blogspot.co.u...s-by-john.html
Old 04-18-2014, 02:19 AM   #6
John A. A. Logan
Zealot

Post-Gutenberg - Alison's Wolf's The XX Factor...the Gender Dance...and Agency Woman

http://post-gutenberg.com/2014/04/14/7078/
Old 04-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #7
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Loved this novel, John. I do think it could lead to disappointment for those expecting an action thriller, but I soaked it up.

I felt that this was an excellent study of a burnt-out intelligence agent and a real killer of the romance attributed to espionage. I liked the immediacy of the first person present tense and I liked having this jaded and warped filter throughout the narrative.

It came with some sacrifices. For example, I found the descriptions of the scenery to have lacked vividness and the action scenes a little disjointed. But this seemed to be true to the point of view you created.

I think I liked this a little more than The Survival of Thomas Ford, but both are going to linger in my mind.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #8
John A. A. Logan
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Loved this novel, John. I do think it could lead to disappointment for those expecting an action thriller, but I soaked it up.

I felt that this was an excellent study of a burnt-out intelligence agent and a real killer of the romance attributed to espionage. I liked the immediacy of the first person present tense and I liked having this jaded and warped filter throughout the narrative.

It came with some sacrifices. For example, I found the descriptions of the scenery to have lacked vividness and the action scenes a little disjointed. But this seemed to be true to the point of view you created.

I think I liked this a little more than The Survival of Thomas Ford, but both are going to linger in my mind.

Thank-you, Caleb! I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed Agency Woman so much.
Yes, definitely more of a psychological/state of mind emphasis, with action erupting out of that on occasion! There is a trade-off to that first person point of view, yes: over the course of a long book it can allow a deep psychological furrow to be ploughed, but, especially perhaps with an occasionally unreliable, or even unwell, narrator, the external details can sometimes get a bit wild and woolly at the edges (seen through the protagonist's lens).
Really happy that you enjoyed AW as much as Thomas Ford (or maybe even, as you say, a wee bit more!)
Old 08-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #9
John A. A. Logan
Zealot

Agency Woman is on sale at 99 cents on Kindle until 9 August -

"A dark, Scottish tale of conspiracy, espionage, murder and terrorism, with an existential edge, and the spirit of an ancient mountain looming at its centre."

Currently at Number 24 in the Amazon USA "International Mystery & Crime" bestseller chart!

Featured here today on Kindle Nation daily:

http://kindlenationdaily.com/2014/08...-limited-time/

Available here on Amazon US:
[Affiliate tag link deleted - MODERATOR]

Also available on Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Agency-Woman...s=agency+woman

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-05-2014 at 07:00 AM.