Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
I've said it before...

And I'll say it again. Shopping for 'broken' Kindles on eBay can bring treasures to your door!

Won an auction for two damaged-display KDXes. They arrived yesterday. *BOTH* still had more than two months left on their warranty! Amazon just emailed me with confirmation that my warrant-repair KDXes are on their way. Total cost to me? $69.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Congratulations Start selling them?
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, KTSO, KFHD7, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
And I'll say it again. Shopping for 'broken' Kindles on eBay can bring treasures to your door!

Won an auction for two damaged-display KDXes. They arrived yesterday. *BOTH* still had more than two months left on their warranty! Amazon just emailed me with confirmation that my warrant-repair KDXes are on their way. Total cost to me? $69.

Derek
If you find a good deal on a DX Graphite, I'm sure you'll let me know... right?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
congratulations, Derek.

Good for you!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
I Hate you ! .... But only a Little
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:01 AM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I *am* considering selling one of the K2s and one of the KDXs...

After all, what gaineth a man who has four ereaders in hand but cannot use even one for fear of dropping the other three!

Derek
Old 10-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Nice work.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
That's awesome! Are you going to rub it in to the sellers or let them continue to think they got a good deal by finally ditching their broken devices?
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
How do you tell if there's still time left on the warranty? Just call Amazon with the serial number?

Last edited by Nahgem; 10-20-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: typo
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
That's awesome! Are you going to rub it in to the sellers or let them continue to think they got a good deal by finally ditching their broken devices?

I'd never be so cruel!

Derek
Old 10-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahgem View Post
How do you tell if there's still time left on the warranty? Just call Amazon with the serial number?
Yep!

Derek
Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, KTSO, KFHD7, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Yep!

Derek
What exactly do you say to Amazon?

"Hey, I bought this broken Kindle that is still under warranty, will you send me a replacement?"
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I find it amazing that people can't be arsed to contact customer service but go to the trouble of putting an add up and managing the follow through to deliver it
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
What exactly do you say to Amazon?

"Hey, I bought this broken Kindle that is still under warranty, will you send me a replacement?"
That is pretty much what I say. You have to go through the 'call customer service' as emailing just gets you an email telling you to call...

It's best if you ask some questions of the original seller, like, "About when did you purchase it?", or "Is this really old - like an original-style kindle?" If they tell you they've had it less than a year, you're probably good to go. However, they may have purchased it with an extended warranty and if they purchased the extended at time of Kindle purchase, you've got that additional 1-2 years of coverage - something original owners forget.

Derek
Old 10-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard

The first of the replacement KDXs arrived and has taken a nice charge. Boy, L Neil Smith's "The American Zone" sure looks better - and turns pages faster - on the KDX!

Gonna get me a copy of Neil's "Timepeepers" to see how a graphic novel fares. I sure hope he gets around to releasing the graphic novel versions of "The Probability Broach" and "Roswell, Texas" in Kindle format...

Derek