Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
120 jetBook-Lite units in Ukrain schools

In the Kharkov school began to receive Tablet PCs to students
On October 13, Kharkov Institute of Physics and Mathematics Lyceum № 27 presented and handed out 120 eBooks jetBook-Lite - as electronic textbooks.

Original article in Russian:
http://most-kharkov.info/week/news/32111.html#
http://dozor.kharkov.ua/main/kharkov/1077339.html

Google translation
more information

Happy students

more pictures
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found this information on Ectaco website:
http://www.ectaco.com/news/8770/

"The Ministry of Education in Ukraine has a great potential to advance the learning ethics of students" says Alex Rabinovich, jetBook Marketing Manager for Ectaco Europe, "Therefore, we’re highly pleased that Ukraine has become one of the first countries in the world to launch such a project. We are excited to participate in this initiative with the Kharkov municipality, as the innovation policy in education will aid both students and teachers."
Old 10-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
DLI
Banned
DLI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: jetBook, Kindle
Unbelivible! These guys are quick. When they will do something here in Boston?!
DLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
Kris777
Banned

I read somewhere that public schools in US already use jetBook-Lite for ESL students
Old 10-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
While I love my JBL, I'm not sure it was the wisest choice for students. The unit needs resetting too often and just isn't built well enough for students to use on a daily basis. One drop would probably kill it.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
While I love my JBL, I'm not sure it was the wisest choice for students. The unit needs resetting too often and just isn't built well enough for students to use on a daily basis. One drop would probably kill it.
Well... if you drop Kindle or Sony you would get the same result
Old 10-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
Guiltyr1
Enthusiast
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Maybe they will use this to improve the quality of the readers.. :-)
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Well... if you drop Kindle or Sony you would get the same result
Maybe Panasonic should think about coming out with a "Toughbook" version of an ereader. Their portable computer line was always popular with the military, construction industry, etc. It might stand up against schoolkids with backpacks.

--Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #9
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meromana View Post
Maybe Panasonic should think about coming out with a "Toughbook" version of an ereader. Their portable computer line was always popular with the military, construction industry, etc. It might stand up against schoolkids with backpacks.

--Maria
Yes. Sony, Samsung, Acer and others produce ebook readers but Panasonic introduced their ebook reader 4 years ago last time:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/03/panasonics-word-gear-e-book-reader-in-the-wild/

It is strange why Panasonic don't participate in Ebook Reader War now.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #10
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Yes. Sony, Samsung, Acer and others produce ebook readers but Panasonic introduced their ebook reader 4 years ago last time:http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/03/p...r-in-the-wild/

It is strange why Panasonic don't participate in Ebook Reader War now.
Maybe they found they couldn't stay in the fight with their enlightened approach to advertising. I mean, why show an actual book on an ereader screen, when you can have a half-nekkid chick instead?

Oh, sorry, I guess I'm being elitist. Just 'cause girlie magazines aren't my idea of fine literature...

Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #11
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
Quote:
I don't know but maybe these readers have some other unique features that other readers lack, for example, better dictionary support or native language interface, including book list sorting in Russian or Ukrainian etc. These things are important to non-English people. Actually, important to English speaking persons too, they just take them for granted and thus don't pay enough attention.
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
Quote:
Maybe the 120 are all like my two JBLs that only need reseting as part of
the firmware update process.

Perhaps in a place where a school appreciates getting 120 ereaders, the
students might be more careful, might treasure the opportunity more.

Can you imagine trying to get a school in the states to accept the use of
such devices in even a single class? I wish our overpaid "Educators" would
be as open to such innovation. (They aren't listening to any proposals that
don't involve hundreds of thousands of dollars and a kickback to the union.)
[The dilettantes of the progressive set are snorting at my use of "aren't" and
"don't" and ignoring the truth of my observation.]

Getting such ereaders to students, that actually have some real motivation
to use them, for as little as that cost, sounds like a lot of bang for the buck,
to me. Even at $100 a piece that's only $12,000 at 1/2 price $6,000.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
DLI
Banned
DLI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: jetBook, Kindle
Lite maybe not the wisest choice, but for sure least expensive one. I guess for schools this is choice #1
DLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #14
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
if i had an ereader in school instead of my absolutely enormous textbooks i would treasure it ever so dearly lol

but seriously, it is an awesome idea and being as affordable as the jb lite is i think its awesome
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite and a Simple touch Nook
And imagine all of the future sales for the jet book's maker. All of those students will buy jet books when they graduate.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote