Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
yleibu
Member
yleibu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 12
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Kobo, iPodTouch
Kobo eReader ID

Does anyone know if there is way to change Kobo eREdear's ID?
If yes, how?
If this works, is it possible to give it back the previous ID?
Thanks.
yleibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 156
Karma: 204448
Join Date: Aug 2010
Device: Kobo Original, Archos 70IT and Acer 200 (Android Kobo App), KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yleibu View Post
Does anyone know if there is way to change Kobo eREdear's ID?
If yes, how?
If this works, is it possible to give it back the previous ID?
Thanks.
If you are talking about the Account ID found in the Settings Overview page (start from I'm Reading, Press Menu and choose Settings.) I know the email address resets when you do a "Reset to Factory Defaults" (from settings overview go to Advanced Settings via the menu at the top of the page from settings overview.) The ID gets set when you sync using the desktop application.

If you are talking about ADE the authorization is in the Wiki and Tips and Tricks sticky (thanks to Taming for the instructions found below.)

How can I deauthorize a Kobo (or other) device using ADE?

PC instructions:

Open ADE on your pc, connect the Kobo to the pc. Then press Ctrl,Shift, E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.

Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.

MAC OS X instructions

Open ADE on your MAC, connect the Kobo to the it. Then press CMD-SHIFT-E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.

Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Enthusiast
Old 10-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
yleibu
Member
yleibu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 12
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Kobo, iPodTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
If you are talking about the Account ID found in the Settings Overview page (start from I'm Reading, Press Menu and choose Settings.) I know the email address resets when you do a "Reset to Factory Defaults" (from settings overview go to Advanced Settings via the menu at the top of the page from settings overview.) The ID gets set when you sync using the desktop application.

If you are talking about ADE the authorization is in the Wiki and Tips and Tricks sticky (thanks to Taming for the instructions found below.)

How can I deauthorize a Kobo (or other) device using ADE?

PC instructions:

Open ADE on your pc, connect the Kobo to the pc. Then press Ctrl,Shift, E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.

Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.

MAC OS X instructions

Open ADE on your MAC, connect the Kobo to the it. Then press CMD-SHIFT-E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.

Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.
I was referring to the Kobo eReader's email user ID.
Thank you for the tips, much appreciated.
yleibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
PeterT's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,706
Karma: 43913160
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
One approach would be to do a factory reset, then login into Kobo Desktop and create a new Kobo account, and finally attach the Kobo and do the initial sync.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
taming's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,006
Karma: 9455193
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mostly in Canada
Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you have a Kobo reader, it is important to know that it does NOT play nicely with more than one account on it. I have no idea if you can sync multiple accounts using the desktop software, actually, but ADE only lets you have one account on the reader at a time--you will get locked content for books added in via the other account.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
yleibu
Member
yleibu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 12
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Kobo, iPodTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
One approach would be to do a factory reset, then login into Kobo Desktop and create a new Kobo account, and finally attach the Kobo and do the initial sync.
Thanks, Peter.
yleibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
yleibu
Member
yleibu began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 12
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Kobo, iPodTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
If you have a Kobo reader, it is important to know that it does NOT play nicely with more than one account on it. I have no idea if you can sync multiple accounts using the desktop software, actually, but ADE only lets you have one account on the reader at a time--you will get locked content for books added in via the other account.
Thanks taming.
yleibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Kobo eReader forum pilotbob Announcements 4 06-12-2011 12:55 PM
One Kobo eReader, two Kobo store accounts ? yleibu Kobo Reader 7 10-09-2010 05:27 PM
Kobo "Contest": Win a Kobo eReader Croptop Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion) 6 07-09-2010 04:00 PM
Kobo Ereader Preview jseay Which one should I buy? 1 04-19-2010 07:28 PM
New Kobo ereader davidhburton General Discussions 2 03-25-2010 10:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.