|10-10-2010, 11:10 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Greeting and a question
I am new here since I was not thinking about purchasing an eReader before.
I was pretty happy with my software eReaders I installed on my desktop, which I am tied to like a dog on a leash.
But reading from my screen hurts my eyesight a lot, and this is exactly what brought me here.
I'm now looking for knowledgeable people who could give me a good advise as to a proper hardware eReader device that would perfectly (well, at least as much as possible) comply with a set of obligatoey requirements:
1. capable of displaying texts in several formats, not only dedicated ones (.txt, .pdf, epub, etc.) and images (jpg, jpeg, bmp, gif, png, etc.);
2. capable of displaying texts using non-Latin letters (Cyrillic; Japanese - characters, hiragana, katakana) and diacritic signs used in certain European languages (Czech, French, Polish, German, etc.); if needed, capable of downloading and installing respective fonts;
3. the interface of the device can and preferably should be in English;
4. should be eye-friendly to prevent from further worsening of the already damaged vision;
5. capable of downloading books from different sources, not only from a dedicated one;
6. size and weight should be portable;
7. the price should not exceed $200-$250.
Is it my mad dream or such a device does exist?
Any reliable trustworthy response will be highly appreciated.
Regards, and best wishes to everybody,
|10-11-2010, 05:43 AM||#2|
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
Join Date: Mar 2008
Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Welcome to mobileread ....
You'll find a good source of information for you on mobileread. You can start, if you like, by following two links in my signature line, "ereader matrix" and "Which Reader" .... Have fun !
|10-11-2010, 06:52 AM||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Monaco-Menton, France
Good to have your company, Costiva. You'll also find independent, impartial reviews of most available devices in the *Whith One Should I Buy?* forum here at MR. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
|10-11-2010, 11:48 AM||#5|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Thank you all for welcoming me
Thank you all for welcoming me.
And specially to happy_terd:
Buon giorno e molto grazie! Ma la scimmia non è il mio cibo prediletto.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hello and Greeting from the UK||IzzyMad||Introduce Yourself||10||09-05-2010 06:00 AM|
|Greeting from Jane||Jane55||Introduce Yourself||7||06-10-2010 10:02 PM|
|Greeting||diggery||Introduce Yourself||6||10-21-2009 02:58 PM|
|Greeting From Scotland!!||lioslaith||Introduce Yourself||15||06-04-2009 12:01 AM|
|Greeting||greatwester||Calibre||2||05-23-2009 10:10 AM|