Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
markchisnell
markchisnell began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
The Defector - 'This is a remarkable thriller' Publishing News

Thought I'd start with some shameless self-promotion... but it is a free download

What will you do, when it's you or them?

This is the dilemma at the heart of The Defector - can Martin Cormac turn his back on his ruthless past as a currency trader, a major city player, and do the right thing? Not when he's looking for answers in a succession of sleazy dives...

One night, Cormac gets caught trying to chat up the bar owner's girlfriend and soon needs rescuing. But his white knight is anything but - Janac's a big-time drug dealer with a psychotic urge to test people to the limit, and if possible... over it.

And soon Cormac is running from more than his past, he's running from the most dangerous game he will ever play.

What people said about the original paperback publication:

‘An excellent drug-smuggling thriller.’
The Bookseller

‘This is a remarkable thriller – chillingly violent, full of tension and with a very original ending.’
Publishing News

‘New British fiction writer Mark Chisnell will have to go a long way to top his debut.’
Bristol Observer

‘A fabulous and brilliantly written story.’
Peterborough Evening Telegraph

Free in all formats at Smashwords:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4566
markchisnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
thanks. will add to the kobo and put it on the tbr list.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
markchisnell

And a great new review from Kindle Obsessed...

Cool - thanks, siraks - and The Defector just got a great new review from Indie book blogger Kindle Obsessed, although it sounds like I might need a new cover... ?

http://www.kindleobsessed.com/book-r...rth-your-life/
Old 05-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by markchisnell View Post
Cool - thanks, siraks - and The Defector just got a great new review from Indie book blogger Kindle Obsessed, although it sounds like I might need a new cover... ?

http://www.kindleobsessed.com/book-r...rth-your-life/
if that's the only bad thing they can say then i think you got a winner.
i haven't had a chance to get to it yet, i have quite a list loaded up already ( it has been loaded into the kobo library though )

who did your original cover?
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:20 AM   #5
markchisnell

The guy who did the cover's a great designer, but he doesn't normally do books - still, it doesn't seem to be holding it back... #1 freebie thriller at Amazon.co.uk, and #4 at Amazon.com right now.